Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||KIPP Public Charter Schools
||ail?id=a0Xd0000008UIaeEAG" name="url" property="og, con
|| Education and Library, Finance/Economics, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Insurance, Research & Development, Medical
Affective Needs Paraprofessional
Affective Needs Paraprofessional
At KIPP Colorado Schools, all students will learn and achieve.
KIPP Colorado Schools is part of the national KIPP network of tuition-free, open enrollment college-preparatory public charter schools dedicated to preparing students from underserved communities for success in college and life.
Who we are: KIPP Colorado Schools is a network of six high-performing, college-preparatory public charter schools. We educate students in grades 9-12 at KIPP Denver Collegiate High School, and grades 5-8 at KIPP Sunshine Peak Academy and KIPP Northeast Denver Middle School. For the 2018-19 school year, KIPP Northeast Elementary will educate students in ECE-4 through fourth grade and KIPP Northeast Denver Leadership Academy will educate students in grades 9-12. KIPP Sunshine Peak Elementary will educate students in ECE-3, ECE-4, and kindergarten.
What we do: We set clearly defined and measurable high expectations for academic achievement and conduct in order to create and reinforce a culture of achievement and support. We know that every student is different and we personalize learning based on a student’s needs, skills, and interests.
How we do it: Great schools require great teachers and school leaders. We empower our educators to lead school teams, and we invest in training to help them grow as professionals. Our schools provide a safe, structured, and nurturing environment with minimal distractions and more time for both academics and extra-curriculars, so our students love school and maximize their learning.
Why it matters: Great education transforms lives. At KIPP Colorado Schools, teachers, students, and families are all united around the same goal: college and a choice-filled life. We believe that an excellent college-preparatory education will set students up for success in whatever life path they choose. Through collective hard work and commitment, KIPP students complete college at a rate that is above the national average for all students and four times higher than that of students from similar economic backgrounds.
About the Affective Needs Paraprofessional Position
The Affective Needs Paraprofessional at KIPP Northeast Denver Leadership Academy will work closely with the Affective Needs Teachers to provide a high level of support for our students with Affective Needs (Emotional and Behavior Disabilities). This position demands someone who has a strong ability to develop relationships with at-risk students, has experience in deescalating students with anger or behavioral issues, and has a desire to teach.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the Affective Needs Teacher in delivering lessons for students with Affective Needs.
- Work one-on-one with students to complete daily lessons for any classes the students do not attend.
- Work closely with the Affective Needs Teacher to deliver lessons and uphold expectations for behavior.
- Work closely with general education teachers to ensure the success of students with AN in the classroom.
School Culture Alignment
- Believe deeply in the mission of KIPP Colorado Schools and that all children can and will learn.
- Establish and maintain relationships with students and families based on trust and respect.
- Establish and maintain high expectations for academic work and classroom behavior.
- Complete other duties assigned.
- Collaborate with colleagues and seeks feedback in the spirit of continuous improvement.
- Assume personal responsibility for student achievement.
- Actively participate in professional development, grade level, and department meetings.
Skills and Qualifications
Commitment to and experience with underserved students
- High school diploma
- Experience with students with Affective Needs preferred
- Relentless focus on results and a commitment to teamwork
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, participation in PERA, optional life insurance and 401K plan
- All staff members are issued a laptop computer with an option for iPhone
- Numerous professional growth and leadership opportunities within KIPP Colorado Schools
- This position will begin immediately.
KIPP Colorado Schools is dedicated to equal employment opportunities and fair labor practices. KIPP Colorado Schools, KIPP Denver Collegiate High School, KIPP Northeast Denver Middle School, KIPP Northeast Elementary, KIPP Northeast Denver Leadership Academy, KIPP Sunshine Peak Academy and KIPP Sunshine Peak Elementary provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications, and the ability to perform a job without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religious creed, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, legally protected medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, or on any other basis made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. It is our policy to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
KIPP Public Charter Schools|