Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Employment Placement Agencies, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Human Resources, Legal, Science, Quality Control, Research & Development, Medical, Environmental
Clinical Laboratory Scientist 2|
We are always looking for new talent to join Q2 Solutions. To be considered for a future Clinical Laboratory Scientist position submit your resume. If your qualifications, experience, and skill sets align with the position requirements, one of our recruiters will connect with you. We accept generalist and limited California CLS licenses.
Launched in 2015, Q2 Solutions is a leading global clinical trials laboratory services organization. We help biopharmaceutical, medical device and diagnostics customers improve human health through innovation that transforms science and data into actionable medical insights. Q2 Solutions is a quality driven, responsive partner with strong global experience and deep scientific and medical expertise. The Q2 Solutions joint venture was formed by Quintiles and Quest Diagnostics, combining the best of each parent organizations clinical trials laboratory services capabilities.
- Provides accurate and timely testing results in the appropriate technical areas per licensure.
- Under minimal supervision incumbent(s) will consistently and accurately perform either a greater number or more varied amount of complex or difficult tasks and assignments than the work performed by a Clinical Laboratory Scientist I.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs testing in those technical areas for which they are appropriately licensed and trained, especially the most complex and newly introduced tests.
- Demonstrates the ability to detect and correct technical and operational problems. Notifies supervisor, and when necessary contacts manufacturer or field service support for additional assistance.
- Performs method and instrument validation as assigned.
- Determines the acceptability of testing prior to releasing results, according to established criteria, takes appropriate action in response to critical values or unusual or unexpected results and documents actions.
- Able to determine when results need to be repeated.
- Accurately enters and releases results.
- Assists the supervisor in scheduling and day to day operation. Reports shift problems to lead tech, senior tech, or department supervisor.
- Trains staff in proper performance of both routine and complex procedures.
- Exhibits ability to meet high performance standards and productivity requirements and takes on additional business related responsibilities or projects as delegated by the supervisor.
- Assists with departmental record keeping and documentation requirements.
- Consistently sets an example for other employees by maintaining a safe and neat work area and following company and departmental policies and exhibits leadership qualities.
- Act as supervisor during weekend and evening hours.
- Maintains instrumentation.
- Checks and orders reagents and supplies.
- Logs and stores reagents.
- Understands and applies the site safety, environmental policy, safety management system and relevant legal safety & environmental requirements.
- Is familiar with the safety and environmental rules and procedures applying to the role and takes reasonable care of own safety and that of other people.
- Uses the control measures and personal protective equipment provided, reports any safety related deficiencies and contribute to improving accident and safety performance.
- Complies with all applicable standards as required by the company.
- Participates in the annual performance appraisal process.
Qualifications & Requirements
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree and 2 or more years relevant experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience in microbiology
Current California CLS license or equivalent; Clinical Microbiologist Scientist License (limited license) will be considered
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled