Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Anoka, MN United States
|| Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician
32200 - Records Management Coordinator |
The Records Management Coordinator exists to supervise, manage and provide leadership of the records management function within Direct Care & Treatment Services.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Creation and management of a program plan that includes the management of medical / health records, location, maintenance and retention of that information
• Oversight of the records management process will include the transition of documentation managed currently on paper to electronic.
• Management of medical record file rooms, working in coordination with HIMS Supervisors.
• Electronic Health Record (EHR) implementation and ensuring information is accessible as needed to provide care & treatment to individuals served and to respond to requests.
• Direct and supervise staff in identified areas of the system to complete health information management duties related to records management. This includes data privacy and security, record retention and storage, (EHR) implementation and maintenance, and compliance with regulatory and licensing agencies.
Qualifications & Requirements
Please ensure your resume reflects your experience in the areas below:
Certification as a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA, formerly the American Medical Records Association)
Two (2) years of professional experience as a Certified Registered Health Information Administrator or Registered Health Information Technician that demonstrates the following:
• Application of medical record and health information management principles and practices for health care facilities, records management and information systems.
• Thorough understanding, interpretation, and application of State, Federal laws, rules and regulations and accreditation and licensing requirements relative to record and health information management, court orders, and data privacy, access, and release of information.
• Functional transition to an electronic health record and the core Health Information Management functions to include document management.
• Supervisory or other leadership experience OR completion of leadership development program (L4, Emerging Leaders Institute, etc.)
|Contact Name:||Heidi Peura |
The Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) helps provide essential services to Minnesota's most vulnerable residents. Working with many others, including counties, tribes and non-profits, DHS helps ensure that Minnesota seniors, people with disabilities, children and others meet their basic needs and have the opportunity to reach their full potential.
At DHS our goal is to meet people where they are at, and focus on outcomes to improve life situations, and to get people the help they need so they can reach their full potential.