Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||New York, NY United States
|| Administrative and Support Services
Chamber Music Manager|
Description: Responsible for overseeing the day to day functions of the chamber music program including registration; creation of the monthly chamber music faculty payroll report; administration of seminars, ChamberFest, and offsite concerts; coordination with chamber music faculty; oversight of work-study assistants; works with the Assistant Dean in the administration of special chamber music projects; assist with management of one of Juilliard’s new music ensembles.
THIS IS A 42 WEEK/YEAR POSITION, beginning mid-August 2019.
• Updating and maintaining registration databases for the 100+ ensembles in the School’s program, in timely communication with appropriate offices and 75 chamber music faculty members; supporting students’ understanding of their responsibility in the chamber music process
• Administering the application process, overseeing budget, programming, scheduling, production and payroll, working closely with the Communications and Concert Offices for ChamberFest
• Administering all aspects of scheduling and concert production, managing course materials and work-study participants, and maintaining attendance records for the first-year undergraduate String Quartet Survey class
• Administering all aspects of producing 10-15 performances per year at non-Juilliard venues
• Hiring and supervising up to five work-study students for general office assistance
• Assisting with the coordination of any chamber music master classes, maintaining accurate records regarding all chamber music activities at Juilliard, and advising students on chamber music opportunities, both within the School and outside
• Assisting the Assistant Dean and Director of Chamber Music, as needed
• Support personnel and other logistical needs of one of Juilliard’s new music ensembles
Qualifications & Requirements
• Bachelor of Music degree as an instrumental performance major, or equivalent
• Knowledge of performing arts in general and string-based chamber music in particular
• Strong organizational skills, extreme accuracy and attention to detail
• Courteous, diplomatic, and accessible manner
• Awareness and dedication to equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging for all students
• Ability to perform multiple tasks and make decisions under pressure
• Ability to handle confidential conversations with discretion
• Ability to explain the chamber music curriculum and enforce policies
• Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment, as well as independently when needed
• Excellent writing and speaking skills
• Tech savvy; proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite, and ability to learn new computer applications database management and web-based tools, as needed
• Availability to work some evenings, as needed
• Master of Music degree and conservatory education, preferred
• Administrative experience as a member of a self-managed or commercially managed chamber ensemble, preferred
Founded in 1905, The Juilliard School is a world leader in performing arts education. Juilliard’s mission is to provide the highest caliber of artistic education for gifted musicians, dancers, and actors from around the world so that they may achieve their fullest potential as artists, leaders, and global citizens.
Located at Lincoln Center in New York City, Juilliard offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in dance, drama (acting and playwriting), and music (classical, jazz, historical performance, and vocal arts). Currently more than 800 artists from 40 states and 38 countries are enrolled at Juilliard, where they appear in more than 700 annual performances in the school’s five theaters; at Lincoln Center’s Alice Tully and David Geffen halls and at Carnegie Hall; as well as other venues around New York City, the country, and the world.
Beyond its New York campus, Juilliard is defining new directions in global performing arts education for a range of learners and enthusiasts through The Tianjin Juilliard School and K-12 educational curricula.