Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||New York, NY United States
|| Development and Fund Raising
Assistant to the Vice President and Chief Advancement Officer|
The Assistant will provide administrative support to the Vice President and Chief Advancement Officer (VP/CAO) in her work overseeing the Development department. The Assistant is involved in a wide range of administrative activities and special projects. This position also works closely with the President’s office, across School departments and has occasion to interact with donors and the Board of Trustees.
• Maintain and update the appointment calendar for the Vice President and Chief Advancement Officer, coordinating all appointments and managing domestic and international travel arrangements
• Draft correspondence, reports, donor billing and analytic charts; respond to emails and mail in timely fashion
• Ensure that the VP/CAO is prepared for meetings by compiling the necessary materials and/or organizing pre-meetings, etc.
• Assist with department budgeting; reconcile and track expenses
• Process invoices, expense reports and reimbursements
• Log donor communication into Raiser’s Edge
• Answer and direct incoming Development calls; serve as a back-up for the Patrons Desk
• Handle performance tickets requests for Trustees and major donors as necessary
• Provide support for the Trusteeship Committee
• Schedule standing department meetings and prepare agendas
• Maintain the central Development department calendar on Outlook
• Provide administrative support for the department and oversees Development office files
Qualifications & Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 2-3 years of office experience and fundraising background preferred
• Highly motivated with strong organizational skills
• Excellent writing, communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work well under pressure and problem solve
• Good experience with Microsoft office programs; ideal candidate will have some knowledge of Development database systems (i.e. Raiser’s Edge, Tessitura)
• Precise attention to detail
• Ability to work collaboratively and cordially with other staff
• Initiative, independence, discretion, a helpful attitude and a good sense of humor
• Interest in performing arts, education, cultural institutions desirable
Founded in 1905, The Juilliard School is a world leader in performing arts education. Juilliard’s mission is to provide the highest caliber of artistic education for gifted musicians, dancers, and actors from around the world so that they may achieve their fullest potential as artists, leaders, and global citizens.
Located at Lincoln Center in New York City, Juilliard offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in dance, drama (acting and playwriting), and music (classical, jazz, historical performance, and vocal arts). Currently more than 800 artists from 40 states and 38 countries are enrolled at Juilliard, where they appear in more than 700 annual performances in the school’s five theaters; at Lincoln Center’s Alice Tully and David Geffen halls and at Carnegie Hall; as well as other venues around New York City, the country, and the world.
Beyond its New York campus, Juilliard is defining new directions in global performing arts education for a range of learners and enthusiasts through The Tianjin Juilliard School and K-12 educational curricula.