Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Baltimore, MD United States
|| Education and Library
Urban Teachers Resident (For Aspiring Teachers)- Deadline 4/15|
Urban Teachers is a four-year teacher training and certification program that works to close the achievement gap in schools by improving teacher quality and preparing a pipeline of high-performing career teachers. Educators who complete the Urban Teachers program are among the most expert and results-oriented in the nation because we provide the best teacher preparation available.
• A full year to work as a co-teacher in urban classrooms under the guidance of our expert faculty, receiving regular feedback as you develop your skills and prove your effectiveness. The residency year gives you practice time in anticipation of your career as a teacher.
• In collaboration with Urban Teachers, Johns Hopkins University (top 20 ranked school), a Master’s Degree in Education enables a person who completes our program to teach in the subject area of their choice, become a principal or administrator, work as a school counselor, or become a specialist in an area such as Special Education.
Coaching and Mentoring
• Four years of mentoring and support is tailored to your needs—from coaches and peers—and available longer than any other preparation program. This includes three full years of one-on-one coaching to ensure you develop as an effective teacher.
• Your second year in our program, you’ll have a job in one of our partner districts, where effective, experienced teachers can earn up to $100,000 per year later in their career. Because of how our program is built into school models, we are able to provide school placement.
• Our program develops and prepares highly qualified teachers for the purpose of combating racial and socioeconomic inequality. We train those in our program to become highly effective teachers who are committed to teaching students in the districts that need them most and empowering every child through learning.
Urban Teachers seeks passionate individuals who are ready to become effective teachers for students in urban communities to fill an immediate need for teachers in elementary education, secondary math, secondary literacy, and special education.
During the first year of our program, participants receive a stipend from Urban Teachers of $20,000 in addition to their eligibility for monetary education awards, books and materials, and healthcare benefits. Starting the second year, participants are employed as the teacher of record and begin to receive full salary ($47,000 - $52,000) and benefits as an employee of the school district or charter network where you are placed.
Qualifications & Requirements
Start your application to join our next cohort in a few easy steps, provided you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Earn an undergraduate degree by June 2019 (or June 2020 for "Early Decision" candidates)
• A minimum of 3.0 undergraduate GPA (2.5 or higher for exceptional candidates)
• US Citizen or Permanent Resident (with 10-year visa or green card)
Job Type: Full-time
Start Date: Mid-June 2019
Please visit our employer showcase!