PARTTIME/1ST SHIFT-VARYING DAYS/48 HOURS PER PAY
Responsible for radiological imaging, specimen collection, and may have patient registration functions that help assure the appropriate and timely flow of patients through the ambulatory setting. Individual is cross-trained as Rad Tech/Phlebotomist/Registrar and is expected to be competent in all areas of responsibility.
THE MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE:
Qualifications & Requirements
1. Performs diagnostic procedures for outpatients, providing quality diagnostic images for dictation by AMC radiologists. Evaluates completed images for technical acceptability and repeats images as necessary.
2. Establishes and maintains radiologic technique charts. Trouble-shoots minor equipment problems. Reports all equipment problems to Lead Technologist, Outpatient Lab & X-ray.
3. Performs processor quality control duties. Trouble-shoots minor processor equipment problems. Communicates with outside contractor in regards to replenishing, cleaning, maintenance and repairs of processor.
4. Performs specimen collection procedures according to standards set by AMC Laboratory department. Properly labels, prepares and maintains storage of specimens prior to transport.
5. Collects, confirms and records accurate demographic and insurance information from the patient on each visit. Obtains consent for procedures to be performed.
6. Performs other computerized functions including, but not limited to, ordering tests and obtaining results.
7. Greets patients and answers phones in a courteous and friendly manner. Effectively communicates information to patients regarding insurance and billing procedures, testing procedures and preps, obtaining test results and follow up care.
8. Maintains patient confidentiality. Appropriately documents and maintains patient records consistent with the law and hospital policies and procedures.
9. Performs duties related to inventory, maintenance and cleaning.
10. Utilizes good safety practices. Follows radiation safety ALARA principles. Follows appropriate infection control practices.
11. Attends required meetings and educational in-services. Participates in Quality Improvement activities.
12. Participates in site specific Job Sharing duties.
13. Complies with requirements of regulatory agencies.
14. Refer to competency assessment profile for additional job duties.
15. Correctly determines whether Medicare is the primary or secondary payer of services for a claim.
16. Maintains mandatory education including annual CMS Medicare Secondary Provider education
Education: Graduate of an approved School of Radiologic Technology. Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist in Radiology. Certified by State of Ohio in operating Radiologic equipment.
Training and/or Experience : Two years in diagnostic radiology preferred.