Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||San Francisco, CA United States
|| Nonprofit and Volunteer Services
Advisor, Corporate Philanthropy|
Tides is a foundation and nonprofit partner committed to building a world of social justice and shared prosperity. Founded in 1976, Tides’ works at the cutting edge of today’s biggest challenges, with a focus on equality and human rights; a sustainable environment; healthy individuals, families, and communities; and education. Tides’ services include donor-advised funds, fiscal sponsorship, and shared spaces in San Francisco and New York City. For more information, please visit www.tides.org.
This job is for you if:
● You are passionate about and have demonstrated experience in client services and the nonprofit sector.
● You have experience in or an understanding of the corporate social responsibility sector and feel comfortable partnering with CSR professionals to mobilize the full range of corporate assets in order to create corporate social impact.
● You thrive in an action-oriented, agile work environment and are comfortable adapting to a changing environment and navigating ambiguity.
● You are comfortable working both independently and in coordination with cross-functional teams.
● You are able to juggle multiple projects and prioritize effectively between strategic and tactical efforts.
● You have experience in a range of issue areas such as, but not limited to, economic development, human rights, disaster relief, and education.
The right candidate will be willing and able to:
● Manage an assigned portfolio of Tides clients, primarily corporate partners, providing day-to-day services to support their philanthropic and other CSR efforts.
● Serve as primary point of contact, coordinating and optimizing interactions among clients, consultants, grantees and other stakeholders.
● Deliver high-quality service and counsel to clients to facilitate their grantmaking with the support from Tides’ Grants team.
● Conduct review of grant proposals and provide assessment on alignment with clients’ goals and objectives.
● Manage grant tracking, budget, reporting, and delicate communication with clients as needed.
● Develop effective processes to manage collaboration with client partners.
● Assess compliance and risk factors around all client activities and act to mitigate risks wherever possible, in conjunction with the Tides Legal, Risk Management and Compliance teams.
● Provide accurate financial data, custom reporting, and analysis to clients, in collaboration with Tides’ Finance team, to inform grantmaking and investment activities.
● Conduct onboarding and on-going training with clients to enable adequate self-service and ensure optimal client experience with Tides systems and processes.
● Working closely with the director of corporate philanthropy, develop a strategy for creative engagement and exceptional service delivery that anticipates and resolves areas of concern raised by client partners or internal stakeholders.
● Support the director of corporate philanthropy in the development and implementation of Tides’ corporate social impact program evaluation to measure and report on service-delivery and client impact.
● Cultivate a level of philanthropic and/or issue area expertise to accelerate impact of Tides’ and its clients.
● Support the philanthropic program in the development and implementation of program wide activities as needed.
● Serve on organizational and/or departmental project teams as needed.
● Participate in onboarding and mentorship of new staff; co-develop department team building activities.
● Represent Tides on a regular basis at conferences, gatherings, professional associations and other external events.
● Contribute to opinion pieces to help elevate Tides’ thought leadership in the sector.
● In collaboration with Strategic Partnerships and the CS Directors, develop strategies to move partners up the ladder of engagement
● Harness the power of Tides Network by coordinating cross-departmentally to convene our partners around corporate social impact, both locally and nationally.
● Develop and maintain broad external relations with corporate social impact partners; ensure Tides’ strategies and capabilities are aligned with clients’ impact goals.
● A strong understanding of nonprofit organizational development and alignment with Tides Vision, Mission and Approach
● Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport with partners and stakeholders, both internal and external, and work effectively with people from different cultures, backgrounds and perspectives
● Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
● Demonstrated ability to prioritize amongst multiple commitments, and to drive multiple high profile and complex projects simultaneously in a challenging and fluid environment
● Demonstrated skills in reviewing and interpreting contracts, analyze market trends, model potential solutions, interpret market research, and review technical data
● Strong project management skills, high attention to details and solid experience in working across entities and networks undertaking significant, complex planning efforts.
● A strong work ethic, team motivation and sense of humor
● Familiarity with Google Drive Suite, MS Office Suite, Salesforce and other CRM platforms
● Deep knowledge in fields of social justice and social impact, including scaling of nonprofit organizations, social enterprises, grantmaking, multi-stakeholder collaborative partnerships, and/or impact evaluation
● Experience and knowledge of corporate social responsibility programs a plus
● Experience writing proposals and contributing to field building thought leadership pieces
● Demonstrated skills reviewing and interpreting RFPs, analyzing market trends, modeling potential solutions, and presenting financial data sets
Education and Experience:
● B.A./B.S. or higher degree, or equivalent experience
● 5+ years of relevant and applicable work experience in nonprofit management, client-focused consulting, business administration or philanthropy
How to Apply:
Tides Client Service Department currently has four distinct advisor positions open. Three of these roles are located in the San Francisco office and one is in the New York Office. Before applying please take a moment to visit Tides’ job page and read through the different opportunities and apply to the advisor role that most closely matches your interests. Candidates for the advisor roles will be considered for all of the positions but we need you to only apply to one.
To apply, please submit a resume and a thoughtful cover letter online. Your cover letter should express your interest in working for Tides and your qualifications for the role. You may also share your detailed LinkedIn profile with us. If you are interested in learning more about Tides benefits please visit our career page.
Tides is an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion and we look forward to reviewing applications from all who are qualified to apply. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we encourage and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Reasonable accommodation will also be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
About the Organization:
Tides envisions a world of shared prosperity and social justice founded on equality and human rights, healthy individuals and communities, a sustainable environment, and quality education for all. Tides accelerates the pace of social change, working with innovative partners to solve society's toughest problems. For more information please visit www.tides.org
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Tides is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions.
Applicants with Disabilities:
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.