Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||New York, NY United States
|| Nonprofit and Volunteer Services
Advisor, Social Ventures |
Tides is a foundation and nonprofit partner committed to building a world of social justice and shared prosperity. Founded in 1976, Tides’ works at the cutting edge of today’s biggest challenges, with a focus on equality and human rights; a sustainable environment; healthy individuals, families, and communities; and education. Tides’ services include donor-advised funds, fiscal sponsorship, and shared spaces in San Francisco and New York City. For more information, please visit www.tides.org.
This job is for you if:
● You are passionate about and have demonstrated experience in client services and the nonprofit sector
● You understand the impact nonprofits can have in making positive social change and you are energized by partnering with innovative organizations to accelerate impact
● You are enthusiastic about organizational and operational excellence in accelerating social change
● You thrive in an action-oriented, agile work environment and are comfortable adapting to a changing environment
● You are comfortable working both independently and in coordination with cross-functional teams and you are able to juggle multiple projects and prioritize effectively
● You have the ability to cultivate working relationships and provide internal leadership to unlock resources and increase success for social venture partners
● You can work cross-departmentally to provide excellent service to your clients
The right candidate will be willing and able to:
● Deliver high quality service to support clients’ objectives, financial solvency, organizational effectiveness and capacity. You’ll be assigned a portfolio of social venture partners, and potentially philanthropic partners, as part of a cross-functional team that may include Finance, HR, Grants, Legal, Business Process and other teams.
● Assess risk factors around insurance, advocacy and all client activities and act to mitigate risks wherever possible, in conjunction with the Tides Legal, Risk Management and Compliance team.
● As primary point of contact with your portfolio of clients, develop a strategy for creative engagement and exceptional service delivery that anticipates and resolves areas of concern raised by partner or internal stakeholders.
● Cultivate a level of expertise to accelerate nonprofit organizations in areas such as governance, fundraising or organizational development.
● Oversee contract and grant management for assigned portfolios to mitigate risk and ensure funder compliance.
● In partnership with Human Resources, provide guidance to social venture partners on related HR issues.
● Analyze fundraising and strategic plans and coordinate service delivery accordingly.
● Cultivate a level of nonprofit capacity building and/or issue area expertise to accelerate impact of Tides’ and its clients.
● Support the social venture program in the development and implementation of program wide activities as needed
● Serve on organizational and/or departmental project teams as needed
● Participate in onboarding and mentorship of new staff; co-develop department team building activities
● Represent Tides on a regular basis at conferences, gatherings, professional associations and other external events.
● In collaboration with Strategic Partnerships and the CS Directors, develop strategies to move partners up the ladder of engagement
● Support proposal development as needed and based on areas of expertise and interest.
● Work cross-functionally to support networking opportunities and convenings, strengthening the Tides brand and harnessing the wisdom and skills of our network
● Develop and maintain broad external relations with social venture partners
● A strong understanding of nonprofit organizational development and alignment with Tides Vision, Mission and Approach.
● Ability to work effectively with people from different cultures, backgrounds and perspectives.
● Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build rapport with partners and stakeholders.
● Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
● Deep knowledge in fields of social justice and social impact, including scaling of nonprofit organizations, grantmaking, multi-stakeholder collaborative partnerships, and/or impact and evaluation.
● Demonstrated ability to prioritize amongst multiple commitments, and to drive multiple high profile and complex projects simultaneously in a challenging and fluid environment.
● Ability to hold self accountable for high-quality, timely, and effective client service with a demonstrated commitment to meeting needs of internal and external clients for a high level of satisfaction.
● Demonstrated skills in reviewing and interpreting contracts.
● Ability to manage, track, and understand non-profit financial management concepts.
● Experience developing and supporting networks, communities of practice and cross-sector collaboration preferred.
● Familiarity with Google Drive Suite, MS Office Suite, Salesforce or other CRM platforms.
● A strong work ethic, team motivation and sense of humor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
● B.A./B.S. or higher degree, or equivalent experience
● 5+ years of relevant and applicable work experience in nonprofit management and/or fundraising, client-focused consulting, or business administration, Prior fiscal sponsorship experience a plus
How to Apply:
Tides Client Service Department currently has four distinct advisor positions open. Three of these roles are located in the San Francisco office and one is in the New York Office. Before applying please take a moment to visit Tides’ job page and read through the different opportunities and apply to the advisor role that most closely matches your interests. Candidate fit will be considered across all four roles but please only apply to one.
To apply, please submit a resume and a thoughtful cover letter online. Your cover letter should express your interest in working for Tides and your qualifications for the role. You may also share your detailed LinkedIn profile with us. If you are interested in learning more about Tides benefits please visit our career page.
Tides is an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion and we look forward to reviewing applications from all who are qualified to apply. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we encourage and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Reasonable accommodation will also be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
About the Organization:
Tides envisions a world of shared prosperity and social justice founded on equality and human rights, healthy individuals and communities, a sustainable environment, and quality education for all. Tides accelerates the pace of social change, working with innovative partners to solve society's toughest problems. For more information please visit www.tides.org
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Tides is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions.
Applicants with Disabilities:
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.