Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Accounting/Auditing, Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Computers, Software, Consulting Services, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Information Technology, Real Estate, Executive Management, Research & Development, Environmental
Senior Finance Manager|
Thank you for your interest in CBRE. This position is being
published in an effort to build our candidate pipeline for our upcoming
opportunities. If an opportunity opens that matches your qualifications, we
will reach out to you at that time. We are building a world-class organization
with a world-class team and appreciate your interest in CBRE.
Responsible for all output associated with Financial, Planning & Analysis (FP&A) - this could include, but is not limited to: annual budget preparation, monthly forecasts, strategic planning, management reporting, and other special projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages one or all of the following: budgeting process, forecasting process, strategic planning process, and standard management reporting, consolidated financial reporting (including GAAP and SEC reporting compliance). Supervises finance staff including training and monitoring performance issues.
- Reviews and approves of balance sheet account analysis, statement of cash flows and supporting schedules and standard consolidated reporting packs. Reviews and approves certain PeopleSoft and HFM monthly journal entries.
- Directs other special financial and business studies and other duties as assigned by management. Produces a variety of routine and ad hoc financial reports, packages and pro forma analyses for senior management and planning unit.
- Coordinates research, development and preparation of accounting policy and procedures, as required.
- Manages special projects and prepares presentations for senior management.
- Coordinates activities relating to forecasts, operating plans (including annual plan changes) and project level expenditure tracking and reporting throughout the year.
- Participates in the preparation and review of quarterly financial statements and related GAAP and SEC disclosures (10-Q's and 10-K's, other financial filings with the SEC)
- Other duties may be assigned.
Manages a work unit and/or group. Responsible for identifying training needs, tracking performance, coaching, and motivating direct reports. Responsible for hiring, terminating, compensation, and performance evaluation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in Accounting, Finance or Economics from four-year college or university and a minimum of six years of related experience and/or training. Public accounting experience preferred (varies depending on specifics of role). 3+ years lead or supervisory experience.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
CPA or MBA (graduate degree) preferred, but not required (depending on experience).
Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to effectively interact with management, employees, auditors, etc. Ability to motivate and work collaboratively with business partners, key employees, top management, and client groups on various projects. Fosters an environment of team-building and an open door policy.
Requires in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to forecast and prepare budgets. This position conducts complex financial/business analysis, including the preparation of complex reports. Broad, in-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), concepts. SEC reporting experience desired (depending on the specific finance role).
Demonstrate leadership qualities and ability to plan, coordinate and organize all responsibilities of departmental staff. Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex financial information and transactions and accounting principles. Ability to independently research complex accounting transactions/issues. Ability to problem-solve, both independently and working as a team. Ability to accurately explain/report activity in verbal and written communications.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
Strong computer skills, including specific knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.). Broad experience with other software and financial systems is desired (particularly HFM Consolidation, PeopleSoft Financials and Cognos Planning). Knowledge of real estate service industry and terminology is helpful. Strong work ethic and adaptable.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve general results. Responsible for setting department deadlines.
With access to top-tier market intelligence, planning, local site selection and asset strategies, our Global Workplace Services offering includes Enterprise Facilities Management (EFM), Project Management (PJM), Advisory & Transaction Services (A&T), and Management Consulting. With over 3,300 specialists and 225+ LEED certified professionals, CBRE maintains the largest network of professional commercial real estate project managers worldwide. Our unmatched geographical coverage, combined with our optimized service delivery process, enables us to plan and execute a full suite of customized project management services for both users of and investors in commercial real estate. Service offerings include tenant improvements, office move coordination and management, branding, and environmental compliance and sustainability.
Thank you for your interest in CBRE. This position is being published in an effort to build our candidate pipeline for our upcoming opportunities. If an opportunity opens that matches your qualifications, we will reach out to you at that time. We are building a world-class organization with a world-class team and appreciate your interest in CBRE.