Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||New York, NY United States
Junior UX Designer|
W.W. Norton is seeking a Junior User Experience Designer to join its IT Department. This position serves as the intermediary between our users and W.W. Norton’s business and development teams. The UX Designer will collaborate with product owners, business analysts, and technologists to create exceptional experiences for our customers. Our Interaction Design team crosses many different types of customers, from general book consumers to college students and instructors. We have a collaborative design team environment and strive to make complex products easy for our customers to use. We practice a user-centered design approach to create products that engage and delight our customers. This position reports to the Director of User Experience in our New York office.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Design intuitive experiences that meet business and user needs.
• Collaborate closely with design colleagues.
• Create design deliverables for stakeholders and technology teams, from low fidelity wireframes to high fidelity mockups.
• Present designs in design reviews to design team, stakeholders, and development teams.
• Manage multiple projects and prioritize your tasks and deliverables.
*Please note that this job description is not designed to cover all activities required of the employee.
Qualifications & Requirements
• 1-2 years experience designing for responsive web and mobile sites.
• UX design portfolio that illustrates the product goals, user needs, project constraints, and solutions to those issues.
• Familiarity with design tools, most notably Axure and Adobe Creative Suite (XD and Photoshop).
• Excellent visual, verbal, written communication and presentation skills; must be able to explain the strategy and rationale behind your work and be open to modifications.
*Please attach a link to your portfolio to your portfolio in your resume.
W.W. Norton & Company is the oldest and largest publishing house owned wholly by its employees. W.W. Norton & Company strives to carry out the imperative of its founder to “publish books not for a single season, but for the years.” In college publishing, that imperative applies not only to books, but also to an ever-growing list of essential print and digital resources that support teaching and learning. For more information about the Company, visit us online at: http://www.wwnorton.com.
W. W. Norton & Company is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
W.W. Norton & Company is the oldest and largest publishing house owned wholly by its employees. W.W. Norton & Company strives to carry out the imperative of its founder to “publish books not for a single season, but for the years” in the areas of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry. For more information about the Company, please visit us online at: http://www.wwnorton.com.
W. W. Norton & Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.