Financial Aid Specialist - One Stop|
The Financial Aid Specialist (FAS) is responsible for administering the Title IV, HEA programs in accordance with all statutory provisions of or applicable to Title IV of the HEA, all applicable regulatory provisions prescribed under that statutory authority, and all applicable special arrangements, agreements, and limitations entered into under the authority of statutes applicable to Title IV of the HEA. In accordance with Azusa Pacific University’s policies and procedures, this position will determine the federal, state and institutional aid a student is eligible to receive by performing the financial award process, needs analysis, financial aid verification, and other tasks related to financial aid awarding and compliance.
* Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent combination of experience and education. Master’s Degree preferred.
* 5-7 years of general business experience, preferably in related field or a field that is highly regulated.
* Financial Aid Experience preferred.
* PeopleSoft Campus Solution experience preferred
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
* Reviews federal needs analysis documents for accuracy and follows up for income documentation for federal verification.
* Understands basic federal tax law to evaluate the accuracy of FAFSA data entry and completes verifications.
* Awards and revises all federal, state, and institutional aid as well as private student loans for undergraduate students within federal, state, and institutional guidelines.
* Communicates with other One Stop staff and departments across campus in a timely manner regarding adjustments needed to students’ financial aid award packages and other individual student circumstances
* Review and analyze various daily, weekly and monthly reports to ensure accuracy, discern errors, and maintain high level of student service through the financial aid process.
* Monitor and review student’s academic progress to ensure ongoing eligibility for financial aid.
* Processes required “Return to Title IV” program funds for students officially or unofficially withdrawing from the university.
* Review, interpret and apply complex federal and state regulations to remain in compliance by attending conferences, workshops, webinars and other available forms of training as applicable.
* Use PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, CampusLogic, ZenDesk, Windows interface and Microsoft products, Archiving, COD, ELM-ONE, IFAP, NSLDS, FAA Access, Webgrants, studentloans.gov and various other financial aid websites to complete tasks.
* Required to work either the May or December commencement day per calendar year.
* Responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to the scope of this position.
* Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
* Performs other duties related to job description as assigned by supervisor
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, primarily Excel and Word.
* Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
* Good command of the English language with good organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Ability to plan details of procedures and methods to obtain definite objectives.
Azusa Pacific University is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.