Film Production Assistant Professor|
Diablo Valley College
Film Production Assistant Professor
Job Number: F00502
Salary: $59,616-$89,724 per year
Complete job description and application available online at: https://www.4cdcareers.net/postings/5678
Description of Position
Diablo Valley College is Seeking a full-time tenure-track professor in the area of Film, Television, and Electronic Media. The successful candidate will be qualified to provide instruction in all areas of Film Production. Courses may include, but are not limited to, film production and directing, film editing, television production, online media, and career education studies.
Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to contractual duties, all full-time faculty are expected to participate actively in their disciplines, department activities, and the general intellectual life and governance of the college. Part of the teaching assignment may be in the evening and/or online. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. advancing equitable student learning through dedicated, exemplary instruction in accordance with established course outlines;
2. participating in the assessment of student learning outcomes for courses and programs; developing and implementing student learning outcomes assessment processes for courses and programs;
3. collaborating in the development and revision of curriculum and in program review;
4. engaging in department program improvement initiatives;
5. participating in department, division, and college committees;
6. participating in professional development activities, both departmental and college-wide;
7. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter area and effective teaching/ learning strategies;
8. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
9. informing students of course requirements, evaluation procedures and attendance requirements;
10. preparing and grading class assignments and examinations and informing students of their academic progress;
11. maintaining attendance, scholastic, and personnel records and submitting them according to published deadlines;
12. posting and holding sufficient and regular office hours in accordance with prevailing policy;
13. participating in College’s shared governance processes.
Qualifications & Requirements
Any Bachelor’s degree or higher and two years of professional experience, or any associate degree and six years of professional experience.
1. Demonstrated commitment to student learning and to the success of all
students in the open-access learning environment of a community college.
2. Demonstrated ability to close equity gaps by effectively motivating and teaching community college students of diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds, sexual orientations, genders, cultures, and learning styles, as well as students with disabilities or varied levels of academic preparation.
3. Commitment to professional growth and development, innovation and improvement of teaching, and assuming faculty responsibilities beyond the classroom in a shared governance environment.
4. Experience researching, acquiring and maintaining equipment for film and television production.
5. Industry knowledge in the production and distribution of films.
6. Demonstrated ability in growing and maintaining a successful Film production program.
7. Experience with TV production, Film Production/editing/directing.
8. Experience or ability to teach other digital media courses such as Motion Graphics.
9. General knowledge of film history.
10. Familiarity with screenwriting.
It is the District’s policy to ensure that all qualified applicants for employment and employees have full and equal access to employment opportunity, and are not subjected to discrimination in any program or activity of the District on the basis of ethnic group identity, race, color, ancestry, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, parental status, citizenship or because an individual is perceived to have one or more of these characteristics or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.