Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Anoka, MN United States
|| Healthcare, Other
Continuous Improvement Specialist/Project Consultant Senior - 27933|
The Continuous Improvement Specialist supports agency-wide efforts in continuous improvement and innovation. In collaboration with all levels of agency personnel, the Continuous Improvement Specialist provides advice, assistance, and leadership on continuous improvement efforts and implementation of new work processes. The Continuous Improvement Specialist conducts management analyses on statewide programs and provides recommendations to Direct Care & Treatment leaders about how to streamline operations and redesign business processes to meet customer needs. The Continuous Improvement Specialist initiates and supports specific improvement efforts (e.g. LEAN, Six Sigma, and rapid improvement projects) that yields departmental benefits in cost savings, efficiencies, and improved designs. The Continuous Improvement Specialist responds to divisions and senior leadership requests and helps build staff capacity enterprise-wide, ultimately helping to institutionalize a culture of continuous improvement and innovation in the department.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
• Providing leadership and support for departmental continuous improvement efforts, which may include projects to simplify work procedures, gain efficiencies, redesigning business processes, and/or adapting organizational design to meet operational needs with greater efficiency
• Monitoring and communicating ongoing progress of improvement implementations; providing analysis, guidance and leadership to assist business areas with their implementation efforts
• Leading analysis and providing leadership with information necessary for decision making and management improvement efforts which support continuous improvement, improved operations and efficiencies
• Working with a variety of cross-functional teams to support departmental management improvement priorities identified through one-on-one interviews, focus groups, surveys, etc.
Qualifications & Requirements
Must meet the following qualifications listed below:
• 3 years professional experience in continuous improvement and/or project management demonstrating
o Knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies
o Gathering, analyzing and reporting data and information to support process improvements
o Proficiency with databases such as SharePoint, Excel and Access
Note: A Bachelor’s degree in a healthcare related field may substitute for 1 year of experience
• Certification in process improvement such as Lean Six Sigma or Six Sigma certification
• Knowledge of state and federal governmental and legislative processes
|Contact Name:||Heidi Peura |
The Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) helps provide essential services to Minnesota's most vulnerable residents. Working with many others, including counties, tribes and non-profits, DHS helps ensure that Minnesota seniors, people with disabilities, children and others meet their basic needs and have the opportunity to reach their full potential.
At DHS our goal is to meet people where they are at, and focus on outcomes to improve life situations, and to get people the help they need so they can reach their full potential.