Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||The College at Brockport
||Brockport, NY United States
|| Collegiate Faculty, Staff, Administration
Lecturer: Literacy Education|
Apply by visiting jobs.brockport.edu
The Department of Education and Human Development at The College at Brockport, State University of New York is accepting applications for Lecturer of Literacy Education B-12 in our inclusive education program.
• Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in literacy education, which includes a 4/4 course teaching load per year.
• Participate in service activities, serve on department/campus-wide committees.
• Work collaboratively with department faculty in dual childhood certification programs.
• Supervise candidates in field experience and student teaching placements at the discretion of Chair.
• Use technology in teaching, including online instruction.
• Participate in program implementation and support program assessment for CAEP accreditation.
• Collaborate with B-12 school personnel.
• Demonstrate continuous professional development.
• Work with diverse students to prepare culturally competent teachers.
Qualifications & Requirements
Earned Master’s degree (or higher) in Literacy or related field, teacher certification; a minimum of 3 years demonstrated successful teaching experience at the intermediate and/or high school level; demonstrated successful experience administering varied literacy assessments; demonstrated ability to teach undergraduate and/or graduate literacy education courses; demonstrated ability to work with socially, culturally, and linguistically diverse populations to prepare culturally competent teachers; demonstrated ability to use technology to support teaching and learning; and, demonstrated understanding of disciplinary and content area literacy.
Terminal degree or ABD in Literacy Education or appropriate field; Literacy Specialist certification and/or experience as a Literacy Specialist or Literacy Coach; background in additional areas of expertise such as critical literacies, digital literacy, language and learning disabilities, education of English Language Learners; evidence of successful scholarship beyond the dissertation; demonstrated familiarity with ILA/CAEP standards; and, successful experience working in an inclusive B-12 setting.
The College at Brockport|
The College at Brockport, State University of New York, serves a diverse student body of over 7,100 undergraduate and 1,100 graduate students enrolled in 50 undergraduate majors and more than 50 masters’ programs, teacher certification programs and advanced graduate certificates supported by more than 750 instructional faculty and professional staff. The College is an inclusive learning community that inspires excellence through growth, engagement, and transformation. Located in western New York, the College benefits from a small town atmosphere located near major metropolitan cities; 16 miles west of Rochester, 45 miles east of Buffalo, and 140 miles from Toronto.