HBCU Community Expansion Ambassador|
Net Impact is looking for an enthusiastic student or recent graduate (alum of a historically black college or institution preferred) to expand positive social, environmental and economic impact across the HBCU community through Net Impact Chapters. This is an exciting opportunity for individuals who are passionate about Net Impact to gain experience in community outreach, engagement, networking and project management.
Entrepreneurial role with big impact!
As the Net Impact HBCU Community Expansion Ambassador, you have the opportunity to drive outreach and engagement efforts to build new Net Impact Chapters, specifically at historically black colleges and universities. Today, Net Impact Chapters encompass more than 350 communities in 50+ countries. They host events and programs designed to promote leadership, career advancement, knowledge sharing, professional connections and impact at the local, national and global levels.
The HBCU Community Expansion Ambassador is a temporary contract position that will support our Chapter Expansion team. The Ambassador will build a targeted outreach strategy and schedule, generate lists of applicable contacts, communicate with interested contacts via email, phone, and in-person visits, track contact responses and answer questions, adjust outreach strategy as needed based upon response rates, and report progress regularly to the Community Expansion Manager. This is a fantastic opportunity to build business, marketing, and communication skills, enhance experience in socially responsible/sustainable business, nonprofit management, and social entrepreneurship, and grow a community of contacts and colleagues in academia.
Key responsibilities include:
- Implementing a targeted outreach strategy and schedule to engage new HBCU campuses around the U.S. with Net Impact programming
- Sourcing and generating targeted contact lists
- Managing and executing communication of contacts over email and phone
- Travelling to college campuses to conduct in-person meetings with key faculty and student leaders
- Supporting prospective Chapter leaders by connecting them with the tools, resources, and staff at Net Impact Central to enable them to successfully launch a Chapter
- Facilitating introductions between new Chapter leaders and existing Chapter leaders within the HBCU community
- Reporting weekly progress to Net Impact’s Community Expansion Manager
Qualifications & Requirements
- Current student or alum of a historically black college or institution preferred
- Current or previous Net Impact Chapter member preferred
- 1+ years of relevant experience (can be concurrent with school)
- Superb communications skills, both written and verbal, particularly with student and faculty audiences
- Excellent persuasion skills: we’re looking for someone who can convince others to take action!
- Experience with sourcing and generating leads preferred
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented, nonprofit environment
- Proficiency in Google Suite (Docs, Spreadsheets, Gmail, etc.)