Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Tiffany & Co.
||Astoria, NY US
|| Accounting/Auditing, Construction, Mining and Trades, Human Resources, Information Technology, Retail/Wholesale, Research & Development
Repair Jeweler / Setter|
The Level II Jeweler is responsible for servicing all types of jewelry in accordance with Tiffany & Co. quality standards. The Level II Jeweler communicates the status of all assigned work to RS Management and processing staff as needed. The Level ll Jeweler is also required to share and acquire skills through positive collaboration with technical team members.
Perform stone setting and setting repairs on all assigned jewelry repairs and remounts according to Tiffany & Co. design and quality standards. Complete all assigned orders in accordance with TSC Ship Date. Advise RS management of areas of concern regarding processing, work capacity and merchandise quality issues.
- Review setting request and seek out assistance if clarification is required before starting setting work. Perform a pre-check on all assigned jewelry and use the technical worksheet to note any unusual or missing item condition(s). Use technical worksheet to request replacement for missing or damaged parts. Maintain assigned work in an organized manner and maintain an accurate log book of all completed orders.
- Develop product knowledge and grow technical skills as they apply to the Tiffany quality standards. This includes development and use of extensive jewelry skills such as solder, laser welding, jewelry part(s) fabrication, etc.
- Comply with all T&CO policies and procedures, as well as departmental processes and best practices, including but not limited to, Internal Audit and Human Resources.
- Work safely at all times by consistently following safe work procedures for Level II Jeweler, as well as all safety procedures required at your worksite; promptly report all incidents and safety issues to your supervisor.
Individuals applying for this position are required to have experience in the following jewelry repair skills:
Minimum of 8 years setting experience.
- Experience working with colored stones.
- Experience with setting repair such as prong re-tipping and replacement.
Deep knowledge in all setting types including, but not limited to; prong, channel, burnish, bezel, bead and pave.
Deep knowledge in setting all stone cut types including, but not limited to; Round, Oval, Princess, Emerald, Cabochon, Marquise, Cushion, Baguette, Trilliant, etc.
Deep knowledge in jewelry construction and repair techniques including soldering, laser welding, custom part fabrication. Candidate must show the ability to apply these skills to all metal types.
Basic verbal and written English communication skills.
Tiffany & Co.|