Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Agriculture, Forestry, & Fishing, Computers, Software, Construction, Mining and Trades, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Healthcare, Other, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Internet/E-Commerce, Real Estate, Sales, Executive Management, Logistics, Research & Development, Medical, Web Technology
Sr Project Manager Construction (Healthcare)|
The Senior Project Manager is involved in the management of projects or programs and multiple projects or programs as directed by senior leadership. Ability to lead and direct project teams, engage the client and a peer and senior level, and bring complex project issues to closure.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Sets/monitors/maintains the overall goals and objectives of the project/program.
- Maintains and develops the trust and confidence of the client and other key members of the Project Delivery Team.
- Coordinates the activities of the Project Delivery Team, develop and maintain detailed Project Action Logs and follow-up to ensure adherence to commitments made to the client.
- Supervises the preparation, development and maintenance of the Master Program Budget and Schedule; updates each of those on a monthly basis.
- Prepares on a monthly basis the Executive Status Report and Account Status Report for each assigned project.
- Assists in the implementation of policies and procedures of the Company and assure compliance with same.
- Represents CBRE to the public, industry and the community in such a manner that will enhance the reputation of the Company.
- Takes an active role in marketing/sales, personal development and sales presentations as requested.
- Be knowledgeable of the qualifications and experience of key Project Delivery Team members’ firms and personnel (A/E, Contractor, Equipment Planners, Telecommunication Consultants, etc.).
- Reads, understands and assures compliance with the CBRE’s Program Management Manual.
- Be responsible for the preparation and presentation of special reports as required.
- Documents all major project/program occurrences (meetings, discussions, decisions, changes, etc.).
- Assists in the negotiation of all major consultant contracts.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned to enhance the development and growth of the organization.
- Exemplify a very positive attitude in all work efforts and act as a true team player.
- Ensures the quality of all project support documents produced.
- Develops new client contacts and maintains existing client contacts to promote new and repeat client engagements.
- Supervises the preparation, development and maintenance of the Master Program Budget and Schedule, and updates the budget and schedule on a regular basis. Monthly Project Status Reports and Account Status Reports for each assigned project are prepared by the Senior Project Manager
Healthcare Industry Knowledge, Important Real Estate Understanding
The following statements represent targeted healthcare industry knowledge and important real estate understanding that will be important to successfully integrating into the team. This knowledge is deemed to be important to enhance the credibility of the professional and team in their engagement with the client.
- Detailed understanding of the challenges, differences and specialized tasks of a healthcare project (inpatient hospital or multi-specialty ambulatory care, not medical office) vs projects in other industry sectors. Specialized tasks In addition to Essential Responsibilities above include the following:
- Working with user to develop programming and planning
- Vendor award, management, coordination and installation of specialized medical equipment
- Coordination and oversight of site logistics, Infection Control Risk Assessment (ICRA), Interim Life Safety Measures (ILSM)
- Oversight of the facility activation
- Oversight of Regulatory and other entitlements including Department of Health (DOH) Certificate of Need (CON) preparation and pre-occupancy survey in DOH states
- Detailed Understanding of the complex infrastructure and low voltage requirements of a healthcare facility and the impacts of working in such systems in an active facility.
- General understanding of the trends and issues impacting the healthcare industry including specific knowledge of the healthcare industry divisions (outpatient, acute, post-acute and senior living) and facility differences and trends (patient centered care, sustainability, operational efficiency, departmental adjacencies, etc).
- Ability to engage and carry conversations with a healthcare leadership team; including C-Suite presentations and reporting.
- Basic understanding of real estate structuring, real estate documents, key deal terms (levers), and negotiation processes that occur in finalizing a real estate transaction.
- Directly supervise, mentor and develop junior and intermediate staff.
- Develop a general understanding of CBRE Healthcare, the services we offer, the clients we serve and the value we provide.
General Background and Minimum Requirements
- Required Education – Bachelor degree from an accredited four-year program (Facility Planning - planning, architecture, design or administration; Project Management – architecture, engineering, building construction).
- Preferred Education – Master’s degree from an accredited program (Business Administration – real estate, development; Facility Planning - planning, architecture, design or administration; Project Management – architecture, engineering, building construction).
- Work Experience – 7 – 10 years of practical work experience in the healthcare project management field.
- Communication – excellent oral presentation and written skills.
- Interpersonal – able to work well with others and participate as a team player.
- Goal Oriented – able to set goals and achieve them.
- Organizational Ability – able to plan, prioritize, organize and monitor activities and projects. Ability to handle several projects simultaneously and ensure quality of work.
- Computer Skills – Basic knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint for Windows and Project. AutoCAD preferable. Web-based project management system software experience preferable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS/BEng/BArch) from College or University in a technical area of study. Minimum six years of related experience and/or training.
Prior experience in a supervisory position (direct report responsibilities) required if specific duties include direct report responsibilities.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
PMP (US and/or Canada) and LEED AP preferred.
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the most complex business documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues. Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups. Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action.
Requires in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate complex figures. Ability to forecast and prepare budgets. Conducts financial/business analysis including the preparation of reports.
Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions for a growing matrix-based multi-industry sales environment. Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the company.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to read and understand architectural drawings. Knowledge in MS Project, leases, contracts, and construction practices.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve general results. Responsible for setting department deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause long-term impact to co-workers, supervisor, department and/or line of business.