HEALTH MINISTRIES PROG COORD|
COMMUNITY HEALTH NEEDS
FULL TIME/ 8A-5P/ 80 HOURS PER PAY
Responsible for the management, operation and ongoing development of the
Health Ministry Program (HMP), including establishing and supporting collaborative partnerships, facilitating networking opportunities, providing education and resources to greater Dayton area congregations in order to promote the highest possible level of well-being for individuals, families, and the community, and in support of Good Samaritan Hospital's commitment to community benefit/social accountability, and to further awareness of Good Samaritan Hospital in the community.
The Health Ministries Coordinator reports to the Director of Community Health. The HMP Coordinator serves as an organizational consultant in the areas of Health Ministry, Faith Community Nursing, and the integration of faith and health throughout the continuum of care. The HMP Coordinator has the following responsibilities:
* Coordinating and overseeing the overall Health Ministries Program
* Serving as a Health Ministry consultant to faith communities in the greater Dayton area
* Providing continuing education for nurses and other members of faith community health ministry teams, hospital staff and the community that reflects current trends in community health issues and also connects the relationship between spirituality, health, and well-being
* Collaborating with other community Health Ministry coordinators to sponsor events and networking opportunities to support and assist faith communities involved in Health Ministries
* Connecting with regional and national leaders in the Health Ministry and Faith Community Nursing movement on a regular basis to stay abreast of ministry trends
* Working collaboratively with hospital programs and area social service agencies to develop and provide resources
Qualifications & Requirements
Education: Registered Nurse, BSN Preferred, or Bachelors degree in Health/Education related field.
Licensure: Registered Nurse License for State of Ohio
Experience: Preferred minimum eight years experience, to include Clinical, Management, and Program Development. Can be in hospital, community, or public health setting.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
* Strength: Must be able to carry/transport items to and from programs and events in the hospital and out in the community
* Reaching: Need to reach for files, books, and other typical office and educational items
* Talking: Must be able to communicate effectively in person, in a teaching setting, and on the telephone
* Hearing: Must be able to hear effectively in person, in a teaching setting, and on the telephone
* Vision: Must be capable of reading, writing, and utilizing a computer
* Travel: Must be able to travel throughout the greater Dayton and Southwest Ohio Areas
* Flexibility: Ability to meet flexible work schedule including evenings and weekend hours as needed
1. Knowledge of and experience in holistic health concepts, wellness and health
2. Ability to communicate and work with diverse faiths and cultures.
3. Familiarity with or experience working within a church or faith community
4. Ability to work in educational environment using various kinds of audio-visual
5. Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel) .
6. Occasional needs to transport materials and lift heavy objects.
7. Ability to meet flexible work schedule including evening and weekend hours as needed