Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Customer Service and Call Center, Finance/Economics, Sales, Executive Management
Chief Product Owner, Services Business Technology|
Are you looking for an opportunity where you can leverage your passion and expertise in Product Ownership that translates business strategies into product vision? If so, then this may be a role for you.
At Geek Squad we offer much more than a paycheck. Surrounded by the latest and greatest technology, a team of amazing coworkers and a work environment where anything is possible, you'll find it easy to be your best when you work with us. We provide an exciting work environment with a community of technology learners where you can be yourself while investing in your career. Empowered with knowledge you will discover endless opportunities to grow. We believe the success of our company depends on the passion of employees for learning, technology and people.
What is the Chief Product Owner, Services Business Technology responsible for?
The Chief Product Owner, Services Business Technology plays a key role in creating world class Services Systems that meet our business needs. This role will play an integral part in understanding and driving towards the Geek Squad 20/20 vision.
The Chief Product Owner, Services Business Technology will gather opinions, viewpoints and business requirements from cross-functional stakeholders, then guide the vision of what needs to be built, and convey that vision to their Agile team and business partners. They will help define acceptance criteria for epics and validate that these requirements have been met. This role is an integral part of the Agile team. An Agile Chief Product Owner, Services Business Technology effectively managing the product backlog, which then delivers a prioritized set of features for the product.
Areas of ownership and impact:
Partnership and Collaboration
- Translate business strategies into product vision and create epics that deliver against core customer value propositions and Best Buy's strategic and financial goals.
- Responsible for the product backlog.
Product Production and Delivery
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, and business product managers to drive high quality client experiences and explore what is possible with evolving technologies and align those with business needs.
- Work closely with stakeholders throughout the Product Cycle to gather input and alignment on business goals, and cross-functional groups to create final product.
- Partner with multiple cross-functional teams to build and evaluate business cases to support product investment decisions.
Management and Leadership
- Prioritize work based on return on investment, customer satisfaction, product performance, short/long term impact and overall strategic company goals.
- Analyze and provide reporting metrics to help inform leadership of the product's growth as well as measure KPI's for deployed features.
- Manage the production and delivery of products, ensuring that priorities, schedules, budget and business goals are met. Work with internal development teams to define and meet the project deadlines. Accept or reject deliverables.
- Communicate to business teams on features being deployed during system releases, impacts to business rhythms, etc.
The impact you will have:
- Provide direction and influence on a team of direct reports while motivating them to succeed. Create an environment of growth, development and learning. Take ownership of performance management while providing development opportunities for the team and recognizes contributions and inspires a positive culture.
- Build business cases in partnership with the business that support product investment decisions.
Why consider this opportunity?
- High degree of influence in all directions of the Enterprise.
- Drive the business through emerging technology in support of the New Blue initiatives.
- Provide a Services experience that enhances our culture, mission and values.
What is required for this role?
- Take your career to the next level.
- Work with a team of dedicated, passionate, fun individuals and the industries best in the Services space.
- Highly visible role that allows you to influence decisions that make an impact throughout the Enterprise.
We are looking for an Chief Product Owner, Services Business Technology that will be an exceptional manager and leader with the ability to build strong cross-functional relationships, and collaborate and partner effectively to manage the workload. This manager will have a respectful and courteous style that is consistent and lives the values of the Geek Squad brand.
The ideal candidate will roll up her/his sleeves to do the work and be a part of a team that is defining the Services business strategy. The most successful candidate will be someone who embraces continuous improvement and client experience, is forward-thinking, progressive, understands the services world and has a past track record of significant accomplishments in product ownership.
In addition to having experience in the responsibilities above, the ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years retail, services experience or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience working with technical teams, or equivalent industry certifications/experience in product development/management method
- Bachelor's degree - IT, Computer Science, Business or related field
- Ability to influence without authority and champion change when needed.
- Experience in identifying and monitor KPIs and report on project/product development.
- Experience in building and evaluating business cases to support product investment decisions.
- Experience in prioritizing product capabilities/features based on vision, business goals, technology, schedules and budgets.
- Knowledge of product development methodologies (including Agile), and intermediate knowledge of product life cycles
- Ability to understand basic process flows, data flows, and architectural diagrams.
- Experience working in a large global client-oriented business in the retail industry and/or a multi-channel/multi-brand business.
- Scrum Certified Product Owner certification