Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||St. Peter, MN United States
|| Administrative and Support Services
Office and Administrative Specialist, Intermediate|
The Health Information Management Services(HIMS) Department works within a team to deliver quality medical record management outcomes. The Office and Administrative Specialist, Intermediate is a great opportunity for someone to work within the HIMS team for the MN Department of Human Services (DHS) Direct Care and Treatment (DCT), and Forensic Services facility in St. Peter, MN. As the heartbeat of any healthcare facility; the individuals within this department bridge roles, connecting clinical, operational and administrative functions to all clientele. These professionals affect the quality of patient information at every touch point within the programs while maintaining the highest standards of data integrity, confidentiality and information security.
- Ensure client medical records are accurate, complete, and compliant
- Manage the integrity of protected health information
- Maintain a medical record system for active and closed records
- Release patient information upon receipt of a valid authorization for the release of information
- Provide transcription services from dictation of reports, assessment, progress notes, etc.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Customer service skills sufficient to provide courteous, prompt, and effective customer service by phone, email, or in person
- Data entry skills sufficient to locate, update, and retrieve health information from a variety of databases
- English language skills sufficient to read, write, and understand with proficiency in spelling, grammer, and punctuation
- Math skills sufficient to function effectively within the department
- Knowledge of medical terminology and medical records management
- Ability to accurately and proficiently type/keyboard
- Word processing skills sufficient to develop and modify a variety of correspondence, records, and reports.
- Experience working with AVATAR, medicals records, and transcription
|Contact Name:||April Blakesley|