Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||New York, NY United States
|| Education and Library
IT Academic Applications Manager (School of Education)|
IT Academic Applications Manager (School of Education)
Job ID: 18858
Location: Hunter College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The Frankfort Center at the Hunter College School of Education (SOE) supports the school’s technology environment: video observation of teaching and counseling for use in preparation programs; campus classroom technology and software services to assist faculty and students; and technology-related professional development. The Manager of the Frankfort Center serves as a resource to the School of Education community by supporting the technological needs for teaching and learning across numerous undergraduate and graduate degree programs and by collaborating with faculty on identifying and integrating new approaches, hardware, and processes. The Frankfort Education Library provides new spaces for students from the Hunter School of Education to access educational materials, work individually and in groups on assignments and research projects, utilize audiovisual technology to improve their teaching skills, and hold informal meetings.
Reporting to the Associate Dean, the Learning and Scholarly Technologies Manager’s primary duties, in addition to the CUNY Title Overview, include but are not limited to:
• Collaborate with faculty, contribute to and manage the design, implementation, and ongoing administration of the School of Education’s Video Analysis of Teaching and Counseling (VAT/C) systems. This includes developing and maintaining user and management documentation, working with Hunter College’s Instructional Computing and Information Technology (ICIT) department on server organization and maintenance, providing in-class and extracurricular workshops to train students on usage and best practices of video analysis, maintaining organization of video clips, connecting them to coursework and programs, and providing specific support to students in and out of the classroom.
• Working with faculty and non-teaching instructional staff to manage the scholarly technologies within the School of Education, to ensure appropriate user access and the development and delivery technology workshops. Keep current on new trends in educational technology and practices in light of the School’s academic and administrative goals.
• Liaise with Facilities, ICIT, and other university services, in conjunction with the Dean’s Office, to support SOE classroom maintenance, upgrades, and planning. Provide oversight to ensure classroom technology and inventory are available for students and faculty use.
• Engage with faculty and other stakeholders to identify technology needs with regard to academics, administration, and research. Collaborate the college’s support services for online learning and other use of academic technology.
• Ensure implementation, and completion of projects and establish and provide informative written and verbal status updates
• Supervise and schedule full- and part-time staff members. Develop informational content, announcements, resources, and learning documents for use by students and faculty. Maintain FERPA and other compliance obligations for student video, SOE platforms, software, and other materials.
Bachelor’s degree and six years’ related experience required.
• Master degree in Instructional Technology, Education, or a related field required.
• Experience working with a diverse faculty and student body; experience in higher education, specifically within the context of schools of education and teacher preparation; excellent communication and presentation skills; ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders to provide services and information to a community with a diverse membership
• Must have excellent facility and comfort working in the PC and Apple environments, the Web, and in learning new software.
• Excellent technology skills required in newer versions of computer software including MS Office (particularly MS Word and Excel) and other applications; presentation and multimedia software (e.g., Acrobat, PowerPoint, Keynote, screencasting); support of web accessibility, experience with database design and management using MySQL and writing complex SQL queries.
• Experience in long-term planning, such as annual planning, preparation, and professional development in collaboration with appropriate stakeholders.
• A strong interest in educational technology, instructional design, pedagogical innovation, and professional growth, and a capacity to instill that interest in others
• A successful history in designing, implementing, and improving a broad spectrum of professional development experiences for educators
• Experience proposing, piloting, evaluating, and managing new strategic initiatives in areas of technology and innovation
• Experience in K-12 classrooms and be familiar with the affordances and constraints of such learning settings. Urban public educational experience preferred
• Experience supervising and managing staff
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
- Collaborates with faculty and other educators to help integrate technology into teaching and learning activities.
- Evaluates faculty requirements for training and development on instructional technologies, and prepares appropriate learning programs, seminars, and materials
- Consults with individual faculty to enhance their use of technology for teaching and learning
- Keeps the College community abreast of developments in instructional technology
- Recommends improvements to College and University-wide instructional systems using a variety of technologies
- Serves as project manager and designer for the evaluation and implementation of new instructional technologies
- May manage a staff of technology professionals
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be submitted on-line by accessing the CUNY Portal on City University of New York job website (http://www.cuny.edu/employment.html) and following the CUNYfirst Job System Instructions. Current users of the site should access their established accounts; new users should follow the instructions to set up an account. To search for this vacancy, click on Search Job Listings, select More Options To Search For CUNY Jobs and enter the Job Opening ID number. The required material, as stated on the CUNYfirst vacancy notice, for the application package must be uploaded as ONE file in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Open until filled..
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
CUNY is an AA/EO/IRCA/ADA Employer