Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Furlong, PA United States
|| Education and Library
Bryn Mawr College is accepting applications for an Admissions Counselor.
Located in metropolitan Philadelphia, Bryn Mawr College is a distinguished liberal arts college with a student body of 1,300 undergraduates as well as 350 graduate students in programs in social work, humanities, and science. An historically women’s college, we are a diverse and international community who shares an intense commitment to intellectual inquiry and a desire to make meaningful contributions to the world. The College is committed to social justice, civic engagement, and inclusion.
The individual in this role will support the efforts of the Office of Admissions including but not limited to territory management through extensive travel and constituent engagement, application review, and campus visit and event support. During peak visitor times in Undergraduate Admissions, the Admissions Counselor will conduct a substantial amount of the daily interviews and information sessions. The Admissions Counselor will also assist senior Admissions staff in implementing department outreach and recruitment efforts in addition to serving as a liaison to the College community.
• Manage the outreach and recruitment of prospective students, guidance counselors, and community based organizations for designated domestic territories.
• Plan and implement extensive recruitment travel (approximately 6 -8 weeks) including high school visits, college fairs, community based organization site visits, regional alumnae gatherings.
• Conduct on and off campus and Skype interviews and information sessions.
• Participate in the application review cycle through individual applicant advocacy and admissions committee.
• Participate in all on and off campus events throughout the application cycle.
• Assist senior admissions officers on projects.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned or directed.
Qualifications & Requirements
SKILLS, ABILITIES, EXPERIENCE, AND EDUCATION:
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• A minimum of one- year experience working or volunteering as an undergraduate in a college admissions office is encouraged.
• Must be committed to and able to articulate the values associated with a liberal arts institution for women, and shows enthusiasm and a strong commitment to recruiting and enrolling a diverse college-bound student body.
• Must have excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills, group presentation skills.
• Proven ability to work with diverse constituencies, and a clear customer service orientation.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively organize and manage multiple projects and priorities, establish goals, and produce desired results in a timely way.
• Highly developed collaboration skills and the ability to work effectively with others and also be able to work independently.
Exceptional candidates will possess creativity, vision, flexibility, ability to exercise sound judgment, and a strong attention to detail. Must possess the willingness and ability to work outside of a conventional workweek. Must be able to perform overnight travel and possess a valid driver’s license.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to the Search Committee via Interfolio: https://apply.interfolio.com/51740
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
|Website:||101 N. Merion Ave.|
Located in metropolitan Philadelphia, Bryn Mawr College is a distinguished liberal arts college for women and has strong consortial relationships with Haverford College, Swarthmore College, and the University of Pennsylvania. Bryn Mawr has a student body of 1,300 undergraduates, as well as 350 graduate students in coeducational graduate programs in social work, humanities and science. We are a diverse and international community of faculty, students and staff who share an intense commitment to intellectual inquiry and a desire to make meaningful contributions to the world. Bryn Mawr College is an equal-opportunity employer; candidates from underrepresented groups and women are especially encouraged to apply.