Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Azusa, CA United States
|| Education and Library
Service Coordinator - Center for Student Action|
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of America’s Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is pleasing to God and edifying to one another.
Responsible for managing the community workspace of the center and front desk operations, and administrating and coordinating the university service requirement for all traditional undergraduate students. Primary attention will be given to front desk coverage, scheduling student staff and maintaining department calendars, supervising student coordinators, advising students on service credit requirement, managing the service requirement database, collaborating with the One-Stop office to facilitate the Intent to Graduate process. This position will also support the office with various projects and administrative tasks in support of services offered by the various programs within the Center for Student Action.
* Associates degree required; Bachelors preferred.
* 3-5 years experience in client services and administrative functions, university setting preferred.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
* Support the day-to-day functions of the Service Center and coordinate services for various programs with daily administrative tasks, communications, and ongoing projects to advance the work of the Center.
* Manage the daily “community workspace” of the Center, including overseeing the opening and closing procedures, front desk operations and coverage, ensuring good customer relations for all of the programs within the Center for Student Action.
* Coordinate the university service requirement for graduation through comprehensive documentation, communication with students, and collaboration with various campus departments and staff.
* Advise individual students on their plans for fulfilling the university service requirement, give clear communication of the requirement, and help with individual strategies for completing service credits, and facilitate connections to service opportunities as needed.
* Manage and oversee data-entry into the PeopleSoft University Requirement Self-Service solution for entering and reporting ministry credits for all traditional undergraduate students, evaluating and approving ministry credits.
* Collaborate with the One-Stop office on the Intent to Graduate process, including navigating deadlines and maintaining proper documentation.
* Train and supervise student staff to be effective customer service representatives and to assist with the service requirement clearance processes.
* Implement and track student schedules, monitor student wage budgets.
* Act as department timekeeper to ensure bi-weekly payroll is accurate, and that timecards match student schedules.
* Organize and maintain departmental calendars, assist with organizing departmental meetings;
* Oversee document management within the Google and network drives to ensure all areas within the service center are complying with our archive/document storage and organization policies, and ensure work processes and glossaries are kept up to date
* Oversee CSA conference room schedule, ensuring proper use of the room from all constituents.
* Assist other areas within the service center as needed, including assistance with church registrations, coordinating campus housing for churches, processing of visa applications, data entry into the accounting system and tracking of event expenditures.
* Participate in overall student development, as well as in the training and development of the student leaders within the Center for Student Action.
* Responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to the scope of this position.
* Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
* Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.