Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Azusa, CA United States
|| Education and Library
Graduate Pediatric Nursing Faculty (F423) |
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running.
Position Title: Graduate Pediatric Nursing Faculty (F423)
School/College: School of Nursing Location: Azusa
Description: The School of Nursing invites applications for Full-time faculty positions in various programs. The School offers the following programs: MSN including a variety of nurse practitioner and clinical nurse specialist tracks, post-MSN certificates, DNP, and PhD.
Successful candidates will offer the following:
* A commitment to excellence in teaching, clinical practice and research
* Awareness of healthcare dynamics and changing nursing roles
* Active engagement in curriculum and program development
* Enthusiastic advising/mentoring of students in coursework, research, and professional practice
* Participation in program review and accreditation reporting
* Participation in faculty governance
* Maintain active role in NP clinical specialization as indicated
* Generate creative ways of teaching and supporting learners
* Skilled in utilizing a variety of teaching methods
* Model a passion for learning and excellence in the classroom and clinical settings
* Assist students to achieve competence in practice
* Active program of scholarship/research
Specialization: The candidate must be clinically current as a pediatric nurse practitioner.
Responsibilities: This position will develop and teach graduate courses and contribute to the teaching and scholarship. Applicants should include evidence of high-quality teaching and also show potential for active research. May be needed to work at alternative Regional Campuses or Sites.
Level: Assistant/Associate Professor
* Earned doctorate from an accredited university in nursing or closely related discipline. May consider Master’s-prepared candidate with extensive advanced practice clinical experience in pediatric primary or acute care.
* Active California Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner License. Furnishing license preferred.
* Nationally board certified as a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
Experience: Professional expertise and experience commensurate with specific position requirements.
Workload: Full -time Hire Date: Open until filled. Additional Information: Candidates must align with Azusa Pacific University's Christian identity. Faculty members are expected to sign a Statement of Faith (available at http://www.apu.edu/about/believe), to adhere to the policies outlined in the Faculty Handbook, and to integrate the Christian faith in teaching and scholarship. Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation . Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Azusa Pacific University conducts background checks on all final candidates.
Application Procedure: To review the complete description and to apply, visit http://www.apu.edu/cp/employment/. Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.
Qualifications & Requirements
Please see the job description