Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Escuela Bilingüe Internacional
||Emeryville, California, CA United States
|| Education and Library, Employment Placement Agencies, Human Resources, Other, Science, Collegiate Faculty, Staff, Administration
Full Time Middle-School Science Teacher|
Specific responsibilities include:
Planning & Preparation for Learning
● Know the subject matter well.
● Incorporate International Baccalaureate pedagogy.
● Have a good grasp of how students learn.
● Backwards plan with big ideas, essential questions, knowledge, and skill goals.
● Plan on-the-spot and unit assessments to measure student learning.
● Design lessons that target multiple learning needs, styles, and interests.
● Foster positive interactions and teach useful social skills.
● Have a repertoire of discipline “moves” that can defuse most behavior problems before learning is impacted.
● Capture and maintain most students’ attention.
● Maximize academic learning time through coherence, lesson momentum, and smooth transitions.
Delivery of Instruction
● Activate students’ prior knowledge and hook their interest in each unit and lesson.
● Use clear explanations, appropriate language, and examples to present material.
● Orchestrate effective strategies, materials, and classroom groupings to foster student learning.
● Have students think about, discuss, and use the ideas and skills being taught.
● Differentiate instruction to accommodate most students’ learning needs.
Monitoring, Assessment, and Follow-Up
● Provide clear criteria for proficiency, including rubrics and exemplars of work.
● Frequently check for understanding and give students helpful information if they seem confused.
● Have student set goals, self- assess, and know where they stand academically.
● Take responsibility for students who are not succeeding and get them extra help.
● Reflect on the effectiveness of teaching/learning and how to improve it.
● Complete paperwork, duties, and assignments accurately and punctually.
● Demonstrate professional demeanor and maintain appropriate boundaries.
● Be ethical and above-board, use good judgment, and maintain confidentiality with student records.
● Collaborate with colleagues to plan, share teaching ideas, and look at student work.
● Seeks out effective teaching ideas from colleagues, workshops, and other sources.
● Willing to participate beyond the academic program.
Qualifications & Requirements
Qualifications and requirements:
● BA in science, or related field
Preferable but not required:
● Bilingual English / Spanish (Preferred but not required)
● Experience teaching in other international or bilingual schools ( Preferred but not required)
● Have PYP, MYP, or IB Diploma training ( Preferred but not required ) We provide in-house training
EBI’s commitment to diversity and inclusion is central to our mission and our hiring practices. People of color and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please indicate where you found us on your cover letter!
Escuela Bilingüe Internacional|
|Contact Email:|| firstname.lastname@example.org|
EBI at a Glance
EBI is a PK-8th grade, bilingual, independent school with two campuses:
Rockridge neighborhood of Oakland (pre-kinder-1st)
Number of students: 392
Lower School: 234
Middle School: 72
Students of color or mixed heritage: 55%
Students receiving tuition adjustment: 30%
Families from Oakland, Berkeley, Albany, El Cerrito, Orinda through Walnut Creek, and more
Opened its doors in 2006 as the first independent co-educational day school offering a Spanish-English dual immersion program to pre-kinder and elementary students in the Bay Area.
Authorized by the International Baccalaureate (IB) to offer the IB Primary Years Programme (PYP).
Attained candidate status by the IB to offer the Middle Years Programme (MYP).
Graduated its first 8th grade class in 2015.
Authorized by the International Baccalaureate (IB) Middle Years Programme (MYP)
Faculty and Staff
More than 80 faculty and staff
Teachers who are native speakers of their language of instruction: 100%
Number of nationalities represented: 20+
Pre-Kinder: 8:40 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Lower School: 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Middle school: 8:15 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Before and After Care “Aventura”: 7:30-8:20 a.m. and 3-6 p.m.