Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||West Hartford, CT United States
|| Education and Library
Criminal/Restorative Justice Program Director, Visiting Assistant/Associate Professor|
The University of Saint Joseph invites candidates to apply for the director of our Criminal Justice/Restorative Justice (CJRJ) Program effective August 2018. This position will be a one-year, Visiting Assistant/Associate Professor position, with the possibility of conversion to a non-tenure track or tenure track faculty position. The CJRJ program was launched in fall 2015 utilizing input from key stakeholders in the field and is poised for growth.
About the University of Saint Joseph
The University of Saint Joseph was founded in 1932 by the Sisters of Mercy. The University offers more than 21 majors and pre-professional programs at the undergraduate level, graduate programs, and professional studies programs. Beginning in fall 2018, the University’s undergraduate women’s college will become fully co-educational.
Ideally situated midway between Boston and New York City, the beautiful 84-acre Olmsted-designed campus is one mile from West Hartford’s thriving downtown, and provides an array of cultural events, occasions for spiritual development, and fitness and recreational options. The University also has an active presence outside our campus, reaching into the surrounding community through internships, community service projects, and partnerships.
The position of Director of the Criminal Justice/Restorative Justice program is a full-time, 9 month, visiting faculty position. The faculty position will be at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor depending upon the academic and professional qualifications and experiences of the candidate. Conversion to a non-tenure track or tenure track position may be possible following the year in a visiting role. Among the duties of the director are the following:
• Teach a variety of courses related to the criminal justice field, including but not limited to: Introduction to Criminal Justice, Restorative Justice Theory, Law and Ethics, and Writing for Human Service Professionals
• Ongoing recruitment of students for the program, working with the offices of Enrollment Management and Admissions
• Academic and budgetary oversight of the program, working in conjunction with the Dean of Interdisciplinary Health and Science and the Department of Psychology and Criminal Justice
• Networking with and establishing agreements with organizations and agencies regarding placement and assessment of internships/experiential learning opportunities
• Advise students, serve on committees, and participate in school and university events
• A Master’s degree or higher in Criminal Justice, Restorative Justice, or a related field, doctorate/terminal degree preferred
• Some college-level teaching experience and familiarity with academic procedures
• Field experience and leadership in the criminal justice field, or a related field is preferred
• Knowledge of and demonstrable commitment to restorative justice practices
• Commitment to the mission of the University of Saint Joseph
• Ability to recruit students
• Forge and maintain ties with local and state-wide agencies
Interested candidates should submit:
• Letter of interest addressing all qualifications for the position
• Current curriculum vitae
• Statement of teaching philosophy and research interests (two pages maximum)
• Unofficial transcripts
• Three current professional references with addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers
Completed applications can be sent to email@example.com (preferred); hard copies may be mailed to Human Resources Department, University of Saint Joseph, 1678 Asylum Avenue, West Hartford, CT 06117. Please specify title and department to which you are applying in the subject line (email) or Attn: line (postal mail). Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
University of Saint Joseph is building a culturally diverse faculty & staff, and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
Please visit our website to read more about our mission statement and learn more about our department and program (Note: USJ is undergoing some reorganization. Currently CJRJ is a program in the History and Society Department within the School of Humanities and Social Sciences; beginning in August 2018 CJRJ will be a program in the Psychology and Criminal Justice Department within the School of Interdisciplinary Health and Science).
The University of Saint Joseph, founded by the Sisters of Mercy in the Catholic tradition, provides a rigorous liberal arts and professional education for a diverse student population in an inclusive environment that encourages strong ethical values, personal integrity, and a sense of responsibility to the needs of society.
Ideally situated midway between Boston and New York City, the beautiful 84-acre Olmsted-designed campus is one mile from West Hartford’s thriving downtown, and provides an array of cultural events, occasions for spiritual development, and fitness and recreational options. The University also has an active presence outside our campus, reaching into the surrounding community through internships, community service projects, new program and partnerships.
Please visit our employer showcase!
david johnson just became a new member.
calvin cannon just became a new member.
frederick roberts just posted a blog entitled 'indian co-ed moriah colbert is new miss prairie view a&m university'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "ironically speaking!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ chapter 5: 'farmland, a skippack retreat?' ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "in the soul and spirit of life and living!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ 'fairmount' terror in the park: the series! ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~ "seeing us-a lost for words" ~'.
markia alston just became a new member.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~'alexandre dumas, author/playwrite'~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~“it came across my desk”~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~"a man of color?"~'.
| invite friends |