Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Azusa, CA United States
|| Education and Library
Summer Instructor, TRIO Upward Bound (Temporary, 6 positions)|
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of America’s Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
TRiO Upward Bound is a federally funded grant that provides support for first-generation to college and low-income students in preparation for success in postsecondary education. The Upward Bound Summer Instructor will provide instruction in one or more of the following subjects, English literature and composition, mathematics (Integrated Math II, Integrated Math III, Pre-Calculus, or Calculus), science (Biology, Chemistry, or Physics) or foreign language (Spanish, French, ASL). The instructor is responsible for preparing a syllabi and curriculum thatwill introduce students to foundational concepts in the subject of instruction to prepare Upward Bound students forthe courses they will take the following year. In addition, UB instructors will develop assessment tools that measure student’s growth over the course of instruction. This is a temporary summer position that pays $25 an hour. Instructors will be required to attend an APU new employee onboarding to be schedu led the week of May 7–May 11 and complete two hours of esteem training. Instruction will consist of one and a half hour sessions with a maximum of 3 hours of instruction a day. Instructor will be expected to complete curriculum and syllabi within 15 hours of preparation time over a course of two weeks. Instruction will take place on a Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday schedule to be determined. Instructor must commit to six weeks of instruction from June 11–June 19.
* Bachelor’s Degree or higher or knowledge of one or more of the following subjects; English, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Spanish, French, ASL
* Preferred: California Teaching Credential, Masters degree in subject of instruction or Education
* Experience providing instruction in classroom setting
* Preferred: Working with high school students in an educational capacity
* Preferred: Working knowledge of California Content Standards in subject of instruction
* Preferred: Life experience with barriers similar to those from TRIO target populations, including but not limited to being a member of an underrepresented group in higher education, being a first-generation student, being from a low-income family, or having a disability
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
* Preparation of syllabus and teaching of curriculum in subject area of instruction.
* Develop supplies list within budgetary framework provided by project director.
* Determine student mastery of material and assign final course grade from evaluation of tests, quizzes, homework, and other assignments and activities related to course material.
* Participate in bi-weekly staff meetings.
* Attend end of summer evaluation with Upward Bound staff.
* Responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to the scope of this position.
* Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on program needs.
* Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Qualifications & Requirements
Please see job description
calvin cannon just became a new member.
frederick roberts just posted a blog entitled 'indian co-ed moriah colbert is new miss prairie view a&m university'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "ironically speaking!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ chapter 5: 'farmland, a skippack retreat?' ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "in the soul and spirit of life and living!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ 'fairmount' terror in the park: the series! ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~ "seeing us-a lost for words" ~'.
markia alston just became a new member.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~'alexandre dumas, author/playwrite'~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~“it came across my desk”~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~"a man of color?"~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ “out from the shadows” ~'.
| invite friends |