Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||The Ohio State University
||Columbus, OH United States
|| Development and Fund Raising
Director of Development, Arts & Sciences|
The Ohio State University
Reporting to a Senior Director of Development respectively, each Director of Development will develop and implement long and short term plans to secure major gifts from alumni, friends, volunteers, corporations, foundations and other entities with an emphasis on gifts of $100,000 and above in support of the College of Arts and Sciences and the university’s mission, objectives and priorities as set by the Dean and Senior Vice President. One will join the social and behavioral sciences team and will have a cross-functional responsibilities while the other will focus on the arts and humanities.
The Director is expected to maintain confidentiality and use good judgement when working with sensitive information; be proficient with MS Office programs and regularly utilize the customer relationship management system to include the timely input of prospect/donor information; and exhibit the behaviors associated with the Office of Advancement’s core competencies: Leadership, Continuous Improvement, Teamwork and Collaboration, and Communication/Interpersonal Effectiveness. This position will work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and overnight travel.
85% Identifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards portfolio of prospects and donors for assigned area(s) within the College of Arts and Sciences. Completes work with minimal supervision.
• Prospect qualification: Builds and manages a portfolio of prospective major ($100,000+) donors (maximum of 75). Develops effective philanthropic arguments. Builds trust and collaborates with partners. Refines gift opportunities. Develops useful, early stage collaterals. Gets appointments.
• Prospect cultivation: Identifies donor values, capacity, interests and key triggers. Effectively uses research. Builds serious engagement with the institution. Sustains donor engagement in the process and deepens engagement through effective partnerships. Develops strategies that build donor trust and identify focal interest.
• Prospect solicitation: Raises donor sights and builds context for asks. Develops formal proposals, or other forms of solicitation. Sets ask levels and key project targets. Utilizes effective solicitation techniques to directly solicit major gifts (defined as $100,000 and above) annually with a targeted annual dollar goal. Integrates annual fund and bequest asks with major gift solicitations.
• Stewardship: Manages a pool of stewardship prospects. Develops comprehensive stewardship plans and periodic stewardship reports for each donor. Facilitates public and private celebrations. Creates Board/Volunteer acknowledgements. Responds to leadership requests related to stewardship.
• Prospect management: builds, maintains and serves as primary prospect manager for a portfolio of approximately 75 major gift prospects of individuals. Maintains key prospect and benefactor records for relationship-building and gift activities through University Development systems and departmental files including Prospect Tracking and Contact Reports.
15% Provides guidance and support for lower level fundraisers. Assists leadership with the development, implementation, and revision of strategies. Works with departmental advisory boards; assists in planning and executing comprehensive campaigns for the College; recruits, trains and manages volunteers. Participates in ongoing training in basic fundraising activities and strategy. Performs other fundraising duties as assigned as part of a strong Arts/Sciences Advancement team.
Required: Bachelor’s degree plus at least three years of fundraising experience asking for and closing gifts at the $25,000+ level.
Desired: Master’s degree preferred; experience fundraising in a large higher education institution; five years of previous fundraising experience asking and closing major gifts.
In accordance with the Disaster Preparedness and University State of Emergency Policy 6.17 this position has been designated as a standby position.
To apply, please visit http://osujoblinks.com/ar8u. Also, please visit http://advancement.osu.edu/ to learn more about the Ohio State University Office of Advancement.
The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.
The Ohio State University|
For 144 years, The Ohio State University's campus in Columbus has been the stage for academic achievement and a laboratory for innovation. It's where friendships are forged. It's where rivalries and revelry are born.
The university's main campus is one of America's largest and most comprehensive. As Ohio's best and one of the nation's top-20 public universities, Ohio State is further recognized by a top-rated academic medical center and a premier cancer hospital and research center. As a land-grant university, Ohio State has a physical presence throughout the state, with campuses and research centers located around Ohio.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ chapter 5: 'farmland, a skippack retreat?' ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "in the soul and spirit of life and living!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ 'fairmount' terror in the park: the series! ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~ "seeing us-a lost for words" ~'.
markia alston just became a new member.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~'alexandre dumas, author/playwrite'~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~“it came across my desk”~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~"a man of color?"~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ “out from the shadows” ~'.
christina harris just became a new member.
antoine fisher just edited his profile.
antoine fisher just commented on a poll entitled 'christians read the story about jesus in the new testament ,,,but '.
| invite friends |