Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
|| Accounting/Auditing, Banking, Customer Service and Call Center, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Information Technology, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Legal, Manufacturing and Production, Sales, Executive Management, Research & Development
Senior Manager Global Trade and Receivable Finance Transaction Services|
HSBC is the largest trade and receivable finance organisation in the world, offering a comprehensive range of forward-thinking open account supply chain and traditional trade solutions. The bank has been recognised by the industry’s most prominent publications and associations for its strength in combining innovation and service excellence with end-to-end customer solutions. HSBC GTRF serves as a core service provider for Commercial (CMB) and Global Banking (GBM) customers.
The role is responsible for structuring complex deals across the whole range of Global Trade & Receivables Finance's (GTRF) solutions. Key responsibilities include providing technical expertise to Front-Line Business Development Managers, assisting in the structuring of bespoke open account solutions, and ensuring a high quality customer experience. The role holder will build out a team of structuring specialists in the different regions, to ensure a consistent operating model in support of our front-line BDMs.
Impact on the Business
- To enable the growth of our market share and maximise net profitability from business's customer portfolio
- To deliver superior customer service by driving operational performance
- Manage operational resources for a large scale operations effectively to meet strategic objectives of the business
- Support any key organizational strategic initiatives to help in operationalising the product development and business improvements
- Manage Business operations which has a significant scale of operational size along with complexity of transactions involved
- Creating solutions to meet the needs of the customers. To be fully aware of the bottom line to ensure profitability of the business
- Contribute to the planning, formulation and implementation of strategies to grow and manage the Trade business
Customers / Stakeholders
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Providing support and guidance to the Department/Region on areas of improvement/concern with regard to FCC, Regulatory and BQAP controls
- Act as a Services champion to ensure that key objectives are prioritised appropriately within CMB & GBM
- Establish metrics and ensure effective tracking of HSBC’s competitor offerings and performance in comparison to HSBC
- Ensure positive client experiences through support, trade advice and best practices in relation to GTRF transactions
- Ensure that GTRF Services is responsive to the requirements and expectations of the Global Businesses
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
Leadership & Teamwork
- Communicate a clear vision for the GTRF Business that is aligned to the overall HSBC vision, Values and goals, and inspires and engages people to create an inclusive, high performing, customer-centred culture
- Lead, develop and motivate the leadership team to attract, retain and develop the capacity, capability and talent to provide for succession and ensure delivery of business objectives
- Set expectations, share best practice and manage, monitor, coach and develop team leaders and others to ensure that they maximise their performance, meet the required standards, and continuously develop their capabilities and experience
- Lead and encourage constructive cross-country and cross-business teamwork by demonstrating collaboration and matrix management in action and challenging actions and behaviours that are not consistent with HSBC's diversity policy and/or the best interests of the business and its customers
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Manage the processes, infrastructure and resources needed to deliver agreed team plans and targets, identifying and implementing improvements and collaborating with colleagues to maximise end to end integration, effectiveness and efficiency
- Maintain a robust and efficient control environment across GTRF to ensure good operational, financial and project management and compliance with HSBC policy and procedures, together with early identification and effective resolution or escalation of issues that arise
- Lead the development, implementation and maintenance of a Global / Region management information, analysis and reporting framework that supports and informs timely and effective business management and decision making at all levels
- Lead the implementation and oversight of GTRF policy and governance frameworks, procedures, practices and standards to ensure quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance
Management of Risk
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation.
- This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours that form part of the HSBC Values and culture and adhering to HSBC risk policies and procedures, including notification and escalation of any concerns and taking required action in relation to points raised by audit and/or external regulators.
- The jobholder is responsible for managing and mitigating operational risks in their day to day operations. In executing these responsibilities, the Group has adopted risk management and internal control structure referred to as the ‘Three Lines of Defence’. The jobholder should ensure they understand their position within the Three Lines of Defence, and act accordingly in line with operational risk policy, escalating in a timely manner where they are unsure of actions required.
- Through the implementation the Global AML, Sanctions and ABC Policies, supporting Guidance, and Line of Business Procedures the jobholder will make informed decisions in accordance with the core principles of HSBC's Financial Crime Risk Appetite.
- The following statement is only for roles with core responsibilities in Operational Risk Management (Risk Owner, Control Owner, Risk Steward, BRCM, and Operational Risk Function
- The jobholder has responsibility for overseeing and ensuring that Operational risks are managed in accordance with the Group Standards Manual, Risk FIM, & relevant guidelines & standards. The jobholder should comply with the detailed expectations and responsibilities for their core role in operational risk management through ensuring all actions take account of operational risks, and through using the Operational Risk Management Framework appropriately to manage those risks.
This will be achieved by:
- Continuously reassessing risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- Ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring, addressing areas of concern in conjunction with Risk and relevant line colleagues, and also by ensuring that actions resulting from points raised by internal or external audits, and external regulators, are correctly implemented in a timely fashion.
Observation of Internal Controls
- The jobholder will adhere to, and be able to demonstrate adherence to, internal controls and will implement the Group compliance policy by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures.
- The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The following statement is only for roles with managerial or specific Compliance responsibilities
- The jobholder will implement measures to contain compliance risk across the business area. This will be achieved by liaising with Compliance department about business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
HSBC is blazing the trail for African-American colleagues, check it out:
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum of ten years proven and progressive GTRF product experience or equivalent
- Bachelors degree in business, related field or equivalent experience.
- Proven analytical, problem-solving, communications, interpersonal and technical skills.
- In-depth knowledge of industry standards related to GTRF products and services.
- Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent mainframe systems and software packages.
- Experience with or knowledge of US regulatory requirements related to Anti-Money Laundering.
- Experience in commercial or standby letters of credit, trade services, trade finance is preferred
david johnson just became a new member.
calvin cannon just became a new member.
frederick roberts just posted a blog entitled 'indian co-ed moriah colbert is new miss prairie view a&m university'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "ironically speaking!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ chapter 5: 'farmland, a skippack retreat?' ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ "in the soul and spirit of life and living!" ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~ 'fairmount' terror in the park: the series! ~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~ "seeing us-a lost for words" ~'.
markia alston just became a new member.
gregory boulware, esq. just posted a blog entitled '~'alexandre dumas, author/playwrite'~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~“it came across my desk”~'.
gregory boulware, esq. just commented on a blog entitled '~"a man of color?"~'.
| invite friends |