Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Azusa, CA United States
|| Education and Library
Department Chair, EdD Program Director (F181)|
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running.
Position Title: Department Chair, EdD Program Director, and Doctoral faculty member in Educational Leadership
Position Tracking Number: F181
School/College: School of Education
Department: Educational Leadership
Location: Azusa, with some travel to APU regional campuses
We are seeking an experienced faculty leader who is fully committed to academic excellence and innovative program design and delivery. A demonstrated commitment to collaboration – internally within the University and with external P-12 partners – is essential. The position is a balance between administrative and academic assignments, with an expectation to teach 1-2 EdD courses per year and serve on dissertation committees, in addition to administrative roles.
As Department Chair, this position will provide leadership for the EdD, MA, and credential programs in K-12 educational leadership, as well as serving as Program Director and faculty in the EdD program in Educational Leadership. We are seeking a practitioner scholar with K-12 expertise and administrative skills to lead a dynamic department of traditional faculty and senior K-12 leaders (superintendents, principals, and district leaders). S/he will deliver robust programs that actively recruit emerging leaders to credential, masters, and doctoral programs while engaging with local district partners to prepare future K-12 leaders in dynamic academic programs with robust clinical engagement. The department consists of 7 fulltime faculty, 2 Superintendents-in-Residence, 2 fulltime staff, and approximately 20 adjunct faculty and fieldwork supervisors.
K-12 Leadership, Higher Education, Research, Faculty, Administrative
* The chair serves as the chief academic administrator of the department and provides leadership in the primary areas of faculty teaching, research, support, and supervision service; enrollment and budgets; program development and assessment; and staff supervision.
* The chair will provide academic vision for enhancing academic programs and supporting faculty research, while ensuring alignment with University and accreditor expectations for programs and their assessment. Active engagement with external partners – districts, schools, and colleagues at peer institutions – is an essential component of the role and part of the responsibility to continue to raise the profile of the department. Regular participation in professional associations ensures timely information helpful for program alignment in an era of fast-paced change of educator expectations, as well as providing opportunity for influence in shaping the agenda of the field.
* Serves on School of Education’s Leadership Team with chair colleagues and Associate/ Assistant Deans.
* Responsible for setting and meeting enrollment projections, recruiting, admitting, and advising students in the EdD program in Educational Leadership. Collaboration with the Associate Dean for External Partnerships and Superintendents-in-Residence is a significant part of recruitment success.
* Fulfilling the administrative, fiscal, and assessment tasks expected of program directors.
* Maintain regular engagement with University and SoE chair peers to ensure alignment with policies, procedures, and practices.
* Involvement with state and national associations and accreditors to ensure program relevancy provides the context for needed program updates.
* Teach 1-2 doctoral courses per year and serve on dissertation committees.
* Maintain research productivity at levels required for promotion and extended contract status.
* Participate in relevant faculty development activities.
Level: Associate or Full Professor
* PhD or EdD in education or leadership.
* Demonstrated commitment to fostering a culture of diversity, equity, social justice, and inclusive excellence.
Candidates must align with Azusa Pacific University's Christian identity. Faculty members are expected to sign a Statement of Faith (available at http://www.apu.edu/about/believe), to adhere to the policies outlined in the Faculty Handbook, and to integrate the Christian faith in teaching and scholarship.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Azusa Pacific University conducts background checks on all final candidates.
To review the comeplete description and to apply, visit http://www.apu.edu/cp/employment/. Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.