Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Azusa, CA United States
Faculty, School Counseling and School Psychology (F210)|
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running.
Position Title: Faculty, School Counseling and School Psychology
Position Tracking Number: F210
School/College: School of Education
Department: School Counseling/School Psychology
Location: Azusa or a Regional Campus (High Desert, Inland Empire, Murrieta, Orange, or San Diego)
This fulltime position requires the ability to teach in both the School Counseling and School Psychology programs. The position may include administrative opportunities within the department.
A background in either mental health and/or Applied Behavioral Analysis in an educational setting are desirable. The candidate must possess a doctorate in counseling, psychology or related discipline. A Pupil Personnel Services Credential in school counseling and/or school psychology is highly desirable.
* Teach courses in the School Counseling and School Psychology masters and educational specialists degree programs.
* Supervise fieldwork students
* Participate in department and university events and/or committees.
* May be needed to work at alternative Regional Campuses or Sites.
Open rank, dependent upon prior experience.
* A demonstrated, vibrant Christian faith compatible with the mission of Azusa Pacific University (faculty members are required to sign a “Statement of Faith,” available at http://www.apu.edu/about/believe, and to adhere to the policies outlined in the Faculty Handbook).
* Ph.D., Psy.D., or Ed.D., in Counseling/Psychology or related field.
* PPS California credential at K-12 level is preferred.
* Higher education teaching experience preferred.
* Desire to collaborate successfully with colleagues and contribute to the School Counseling/School Psychology department.
* Willingness to drive to teach at Regional Center sites as needed.
* The ideal candidate will have professional experience in school counseling and/or school psychology in an educational setting. In addition, it is highly preferred that they would have experience in behavioral or mental health services in a K-12 educational setting.
* Leadership experience.
* Experience in mentoring/supervision of candidates in multi-cultural settings.
* Experience with English-Language Learners, or bilingual background preferred.
* Experience working with students with various exceptionalities at elementary and secondary levels.
Hire Date: Open until filled.
* Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects.
* Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information.
* Ability to collaborate with other faculty and staff and maintain collegial relations.
* Self starter, ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
Candidates must align with Azusa Pacific University's Christian identity. Faculty members are expected to sign a Statement of Faith (available at http://www.apu.edu/about/believe), to adhere to the policies outlined in the Faculty Handbook, and to integrate the Christian faith in teaching and scholarship.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Azusa Pacific University conducts background checks on all final candidates.
To apply, visit http://www.apu.edu/cp/employment/. Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.
Qualifications & Requirements
Please See Job Description