Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||University of Wyoming
||Laramie, WY United States
|| Science, Collegiate Faculty, Staff, Administration
Undergraduate Research Coordinator (Non-Tenured FT Faculty)|
The University of Wyoming Top-Tier Science Initiative is seeking a full-time Coordinator for the Wyoming Research Scholars Program. The WRSP is a university-wide program that pairs undergraduate students with faculty mentors to participate in cutting-edge research starting as early as their freshman year. The position is an extended-term track, 12-month, full-time, benefited position.
The WRSP Coordinator will be responsible for duties including:
- Day to day administration of the Wyoming Research Scholars Program.
Student recruitment, review of WRSP applications, and coordination of WRS placement with research faculty.
- Promoting and providing information about the WRSP on campus, as well as to the state and region through participation, as appropriate, in events like, but not limited to UW Discovery Days, State Science Fair, and articulation conferences with Wyoming community colleges.
- Working with the SI Program Coordinator to: ensure that WRSP sponsored activities are fiscally sound and well managed; ensure that student scholars receive proper support in a timely manner; collect program assessment data and data for metric-reporting; develop program publicity and ensure that web site content is kept current for WRSP.
- Teaching duties to include one large freshman or sophomore level class in a biological or physical sciences core department and two courses either in area of expertise or specifically designed for WRSP students.
- Maintaining a small, productive research program, presenting results at professional meetings, publishing at least once every two years, and seeking extramural support for this research program as needed.
Applications close on 2/16/18 and all applications must be submitted through the University of Wyoming website for consideration: https://jobs.uwyo.edu/psp/EREC/UWEXTERNAL/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&Action=A&SiteId=6&JobOpeningId=9330&PostingSeq=1
For more information on the Science Initiative and the Wyoming Research Scholars Program, please see our website: http://www.uwyo.edu/science-initiative/
Qualifications & Requirements
- PhD in a biological or physical sciences field
- At least 5 years of teaching experience at the university level
- Experience mentoring undergraduate students
- Evidence of research productivity through peer-reviewed publication and public presentation in area of expertise
- Interest in, and evidence of success in mentoring undergraduate students in their independent research
- Evidence of quality teaching in area of expertise
University of Wyoming|
The University of Wyoming is located in Laramie, a town of 30,000 in the heart of the Rocky Mountain West. The state of Wyoming continues to invest in its university, helping to make it a leader in academics, research and outreach. The university has state-of-the-art facilities in many areas and the community provides the advantages of a major university.
Located in a high mountain valley near the Colorado border, Laramie offers both outstanding recreational opportunities and close proximity to Colorado’s Front Range, a bustling group of metropolitan cities including Denver, Boulder, and Fort Collins. This beautiful mountain landscape offers outdoor enjoyment in all seasons, with over 300 days of sunshine annually. For more information about the region, please visit http://visitlaramie.org/