Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Glynn County Board of Commissioners
||Brunswick, GA United States
|| Law Enforcement, and Security
Summary: This position is responsible for providing protection of life and property, enforcement of federal, state and local laws, response to emergency/non-emergency situations, and investigation of criminal activity.
Essential Job Functions: Enforces all applicable codes, ordinances, laws and regulations (including traffic, criminal and civil) in order to protect life and property, prevent crime, and promote security. Patrols designated areas Patrols designated areas. Responds to calls relayed by dispatchers. Prevents/discovers commission of crime; issues citations; pursues fleeing suspects; apprehends, arrests, and processes criminals, fugitives and offenders; conducts searches of suspects or arrestees. Conducts preliminary investigations of complaints or incidents; interviews victims, complainants and witnesses and records statements. Performs rescue functions at accidents, emergencies, and disasters. Enforces vehicle operating laws, parking laws, and DUI laws; conducts field sobriety tests; uses visual observation and radar/laser speed detection units to enforce speed laws.
Qualifications & Requirements
Minimum Requirements: A high school diploma or GED certificate is required supplemented by one of the following:
• Three years of accountable work history
• Two years of military experience (requires honorable discharge)
• Two years experience as a Police Officer in another jurisdiction
• Associates degree in Criminal Justice
• P.O.S.T. Pre Service Graduate Certification
• P.O.S.T. Certified law enforcement officer in the State of Georgia
In addition, applicants must meet the following requirements:
• Be 21 years of age.
• Be a U.S. Citizen.
• Possess a valid Georgia driver’s license.
• Must become Georgia P.O.S.T. Certified within twelve months of employment if not certified when hired.
• Pass the Denver Standard Physical Agility Test
• Pass a Psychological examination.
• Pass a Physical examination.
• Successfully complete the Departmental Field Training Program.
• Have no felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions involving moral turpitude or convictions of domestic violence or domestic violence related offenses.
MUST BE TOBACCO FREE-Glynn County has adopted a Tobacco-Free Hiring Policy effective March 1, 2009.
Glynn County Board of Commissioners|
VISION FOR THE FUTURE
WE JOIN WITH PUBLIC AND PRIVATE PARTNERS ACROSS THE COMMUNITY IN ADOPTING THIS SHARED VISION FOR GLYNN COUNTY:
Working together to make Brunswick and the Golden Isles an exceptional place in Georgia to live, work and visit by strengthening our communities and enhancing the quality of life.
COUNTY'S MISSION STATEMENT
TO ACHIEVE THIS COLLECTIVE VISION, COUNTY GOVERNMENT HAS AS ITS MISSION:
Historic Court House
Make Glynn County the premier place to live and work in the southeastern United States through the provision of quality services to the citizens, and a safe, harmonious work environment for our employees.
WE EMPLOY A SET OF CORE BELIEFS WHICH GUIDE US IN FULFILLING OUR MISSION:
We are an organization that cultivates a transparent environment of trust and respect.
With a sense of camaraderie, we are innovative, creative and focused on solutions to become a model of excellence among local governments.
We are united around our commitment to the County’s vision and values at all levels of the organization.
We believe in serving the people of Glynn County to continually enhance the quality of life.
We are committed to sharing the leadership responsibility to making our County the best while creating a legacy of excellence.