Administrative Assistant - Department of Educational Leadership|
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of America’s Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
This position in the Department of Educational Leadership is responsible for coordinating all administrative logistics of the masters' and credential programs which prepare aspiring K-12 administrators.
* Bachelor’s degree required.
* Two to four years relevant administrative experience, higher education or related field preferred.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
The Administrative Assistant for Educational Leadership (EDL) reports directly to the Administrative Manager to serve credential and masters’ programs in Educational Leadership.
Specifically, s/he serves in the following capacities:
Confidential assistant to the Program Director.
* Serving as receptionist for the program and the Program Director, including appropriately preparing correspondence, responding to email, and tracking and following all program-related issues.
* Assisting Program Director with troubleshooting and tracking student issues and concerns, including student petitions, exceptions, and registration/enrollment issues.
* Assisting Program Director in scheduling courses at the Azusa and regional campuses and online.
* Preparing reports and assisting with special projects as assigned by Program Director or Administrative Manager.
Liaison between student and program, providing updates to the Program Director.
* Coordinating the student admission process into the program from inquiry through admission.
* Communicating with students about program requirements and policies.
* Monitoring the status of intern credential holders to ensure correct course enrollment and continuing mentor supervision.
* Monitoring and reviewing Taskstream for student completion of program requirements at all transition points.
* Confirming student completion of program requirements, providing this information to the program director, credential analysts, Graduate Registrar, and others at program completion or as requested.
Support full and adjunct faculty within the department.
* Assisting with the interview and hiring process of fulltime and adjunct program faculty, in collaboration with the Administrative Manager, Dean’s Office.
* Coordinating with Program Director to ensure timely preparation of adjunct contracts and faculty payment forms as necessary.
* Monitoring course enrollment and coordinating course schedule changes with program director and department personnel.
* Evaluating textbook needs and coordinating with bookstore on requisitions.
* Coordinating with ITT on course needs within online Sakai platform.
* Processing facility and room requests as needed.
* Coordinating the beginning and end of term processes to ensure smooth transitions.
Support all functions of the EDL masters and credential programs.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.