Single Subject Program Faculty, Teacher Education (F198)|
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running.
Position Title: Single Subject Program Faculty (Math, English or Science), Teacher Education
Position Tracking Number: F198
School/College: School of Education
Department: Elementary & Secondary Education, Division of Teacher Education
Location: Three options – Orange/Azusa, San Diego/Murrieta, and Inland Empire (San Bernardino)/Azusa
This fulltime faculty position requires the ability to teach courses in the Single Credential Program (with specialty in Math, English or Science), as well as foundational courses for all teacher credential candidates. Teaching can include co-teaching, online, face-to-face, and hybrid formats. Responsibilities also include clinical supervision of teacher education candidates.
The Division of Teacher Education credential curriculum has recently been rewritten to provide a common schema of knowledge taught to both general education and special education credential candidates in shared foundations courses, with some co-taught by general education and special education faculty. The entire curriculum reflects a commitment to four values -- preparing candidates to: 1) meet the needs of all learners in diverse environments; 2) serve English language learners; 3) utilize a robust level of technology within their pedagogy; and 4) learn the profession in the context of Christian values and principles. Programs in APU’s School of Education are accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE, transitioning to the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation, CAEP), the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), and the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC).
Single Subject Credential with specialization in Math, English, or Science), with preference given to those with additional teacher credentials (multiple subject and/or special education).
* Teaching graduate level educational foundations, methodology, pedagogy, and specialization courses, with expertise in single subject area of Math, English, or Science.
* Clinical supervision of student teachers.
* Providing support for faith integration across the curriculum.
* On-going research and/or clinical practice agenda.
* Active participation in service to the University through committee participation at the program, School and/or University level as well as service to the broader professional community.
* Maintains ongoing connection and collaboration with the California Council for Teacher Education (CCTE) and other relevant professional education organizations.
* May be required to work at alternative Regional Campuses or Sites.
Open rank, dependent upon prior experience.
* Public school teaching experience serving students in cross-cultural, secondary settings
* Experience in mentoring-supervision of candidates in multicultural settings
* Successful graduate level teaching experience in online or blended environments is preferred.
Hire Date: Open until filled.
* Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects.
* Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information.
* Ability to collaborate with other faculty and staff and maintain collegial relations.
* Self starter, ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
Candidates must align with Azusa Pacific University's Christian identity. Faculty members are expected to sign a Statement of Faith (available at http://www.apu.edu/about/believe), to adhere to the policies outlined in the Faculty Handbook, and to integrate the Christian faith in teaching and scholarship.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Azusa Pacific University conducts background checks on all final candidates.
To review the complete job description and to apply, visit http://www.apu.edu/cp/employment/. Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.
Qualifications & Requirements
Please See Job Description