Department Chair, Educational Leadership (F181)|
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running.
Position Title: Department Chair, EdD Program Director, and Doctoral faculty member in Educational Leadership
Position Tracking Number: F181
School/College: School of Education
Department: Educational Leadership
Location: Azusa, with some travel to APU regional campuses
We are seeking an experienced faculty leader who is fully committed to academic excellence and innovative program design and delivery. A demonstrated commitment to collaboration – internally within the University and with external P-12 partners – is essential. The position is a balance between administrative and academic assignments, with an expectation to teach 1-2 EdD courses per year and serve on dissertation committees, in addition to administrative roles.
As Department Chair, this position will provide leadership for the EdD, MA, and credential programs in K-12 educational leadership, as well as serving as Program Director and faculty in the EdD program in Educational Leadership. We are seeking a practitioner scholar with K-12 expertise and administrative skills to lead a dynamic department of traditional faculty and senior K-12 leaders (superintendents, principals, and district leaders). S/he will deliver robust programs that actively recruit emerging leaders to credential, masters, and doctoral programs while engaging with local district partners to prepare future K-12 leaders in dynamic academic programs with robust clinical engagement. The department consists of 7 fulltime faculty, 2 Superintendents-in-Residence, 2 fulltime staff, and approximately 20 adjunct faculty and fieldwork supervisors.
K-12 Leadership, Higher Education, Research, Faculty, Administrative
Level: Associate or Full Professor
* PhD or EdD in education or leadership.
* Demonstrated commitment to fostering a culture of diversity, equity, social justice, and inclusive excellence.
* Prior university faculty experience, including success in teaching and research, with preference given for prior dissertation committee experience.
* Prior University academic administrative experience and prior K-12 educator experience expected.
* Budget and personnel experience, with university experience in these arenas preferred.
Open until filled. Available Spring 2018; must be filled no later than August 2018.
* Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects.
* Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information.
* Ability to collaborate with other faculty and staff and maintain collegial relations.
* Self-starter with ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
Candidates must align with Azusa Pacific University's Christian identity. Faculty members are expected to sign a Statement of Faith (available at http://www.apu.edu/about/believe), to adhere to the policies outlined in the Faculty Handbook, and to integrate the Christian faith in teaching and scholarship.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Azusa Pacific University conducts background checks on all final candidates.
To review the complete job description and to apply, visit http://www.apu.edu/cp/employment/. Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.