Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Azusa, CA United States
Sr. PeopleSoft Developer - G&P Technology Solutions|
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associateís, bachelorís, masterís, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of Americaís Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report.
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
Reporting to the Executive Director of Technology Solutions in Graduate and Professional Enrollment and Student Services (GPESS). This position leads the efforts related to improving PeopleSoft service delivery and customer experience for both GPESS employees and students. This position is responsible for developing and/or enhancing module and system-level applications running in the PeopleSoft environment, and going through the full software development lifecycle. Provides and keeps up-to-date all relevant documents and artifacts. Provides inputs and updates for project planning and project management. This person must be highly technical and very hands on and see themselves as a PeopleSoft expert.
* Bachelorís degree in Computer Sciences or Computer Engineering or associated discipline or the equivalent experience.
* Working on projects, light enhancements and production support issues.
* Strong development knowledge of PeopleTools, SQL, Application Engine, Component Interface, Integration Broker
* Experience writing multiple and complex reports using PeopleSoft reporting utilities (BI Publisher and Connected Query knowledge preferred).
* Experience working with relational databases and strong SQL skills.
* PeopleSoft Application Developer certification is preferred but not required.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
* Full lifecycle application development and enhancement
* Analyze functional and technical requirements, data, codes, applications or systems
* Design, code and/or debug applications running in the PeopleSoft environment
* Serve as Tier 2 support for PeopleSoft operational issues, using PeopleTools expertise to provide guidance to Data Analysts (Tier 1) in the GPESS customer facing units. Bridges to IMT Application Administrators & Engineers for Tier 3 support.
* Mentor and coach other developers and technical staff across GPESS, providing guidance on troubleshooting, solution design, and code quality.
* Test software for quality assurance.
* Deploy software customizations to test environments. Release customizations and new configurations to production in accordance with APU change management processes.
* Provide documentations and artifacts as needed on each stage of the development lifecycle.
* Collaborate and contribute as part of cross functional IT virtual teams focused on optimizing the business value of PeopleSoft, including PeopleSoft Platform Team and the Client Impact Team.
* Learn from and contribute to the cross-functional APU Developer Practice Team, which helps develop skills in software development and promotes standards, methods, and approaches.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Qualifications & Requirements
Please See Job Description