Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||University of Iowa-Athletics
||Iowa City, IA United States
|| Sports and Recreation
Sr. Associate Athletics Director for Sport Administration and Internal Operations|
The University of Iowa invites nominations and applications for the position of Senior Associate Athletics Director for Sport Administration and Internal Operations. This position will report directly to the Director of Athletics and serve as a member of the executive team that provides strategic leadership and direction to 24 varsity sports programs. The Senior Associate will assume leadership responsibility for several components of the Department’s internal operations and supervise select sports. The scope of the position frequently requires weekend and evening work and occasionally requires overnight, out-of-town travel. The University of Iowa is a NCAA Division I Power 5 institution and a member of the Big Ten Conference.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Contribute to the overall success of the athletics program by performing duties and responsibilities assigned by the Athletic Director.
• Oversee, supervise and manage Athletics Department administrative units and sports as assigned. Areas of oversight will be some combination of, but not limited to, the following: sport administration, student-athlete performance and health, human resources, financial operations, information technology, event management, or facility and grounds management.
• Assist the Athletic Director and Deputy Athletic Director by executing initiatives and special programs and providing effective leadership and guidance for personnel.
• Assist the Deputy Director with postseason Bowl and NCAA Basketball Tournament logistics.
• Participate effectively in community and professional organizations while promoting a positive image of the University and its athletic program at all times.
• Develop or enhance relationships and communications with key constituencies, especially community agencies.
• Collaborate cross functionally to deliver and drive results to meet the department’s goals and objectives.
Qualifications & Requirements
For a complete listing of required and preferred qualifications, as well as to apply for this position, visit our website at http://jobs.uiowa.edu and search for Requisition #70967 to complete your online application. Only applications submitted at http://jobs.uiowa.edu will be considered. Screening will start immediately and continue until position is filled.
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
University of Iowa-Athletics|